• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Booooom time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Booooom time

    <place holder>
    Client calling me at 2pm with an offer "which I think you'll be keen on"
    "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

    #2
    They are going to offer you the security of a permie job, rate will only be -50%
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

    Comment


      #3
      Ha lets hope not! The anticipation is building...
      "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
      Arnold Schwarzenegger

      Comment


        #4
        Wowser. 6 month contract with a chunky increase! !

        Went for interview 2 weeks ago- a chap I used to work with in my permie days looked me up. I knew they rated me, so I went in heavy on the rate side of things. But heard nothing in 2 weeks and was starting to get twitchy feet, as the market didn't look that great. First time that I won't be using an agency as well, so we'll see how that goes! First time working away (30% in edinburgh),which I'm actually looking forward to as well....
        "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
        Arnold Schwarzenegger

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

          I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

          Comment


            #6
            I hope it works out for you, oh & have a
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

            Comment


              #7
              My is wiating until the ink has dried on the contract!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by No2politics View Post
                Wowser. 6 month contract with a chunky increase! !

                Went for interview 2 weeks ago- a chap I used to work with in my permie days looked me up. I knew they rated me, so I went in heavy on the rate side of things. But heard nothing in 2 weeks and was starting to get twitchy feet, as the market didn't look that great. First time that I won't be using an agency as well, so we'll see how that goes! First time working away (30% in edinburgh),which I'm actually looking forward to as well....
                Edinburgh in Festival month are you sure you've thought that through?

                merely at clientco for the entertainment

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  My is wiating until the ink has dried on the contract!
                  I have a mini boom pending on the same preconditions
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

                  I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I have a mini boom pending on the same preconditions
                    Very true.

                    I actually have another interview next Wednesday. I was in two minds about whether to go. Would you guys go to the interview when you have just verbally accepted another gig? Just as a backup incase things go pete tong
                    "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
                    Arnold Schwarzenegger

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X