• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plane crash at San Fran"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Why are these videos always taken by such cretins?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    It looks like someone got it on camera... If it was this crash then it is a bloody miracle it didn't go up in a fireball. I thought it belly flopped and slid to a halt.. Hell no!! Christ those people that survived have a tale to tell!!

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    If only it was Lee Kang-Fli this may never have happenned.
    Or his cousin Lee Kno-Klas

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I love the name of the pilot: Lee Kang-kook

Kind of gives you an idea for what job he'll be doing after he ceases being a pilot
    If only it was Lee Kang-Fli this may never have happenned.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You forget that MF's nickname is fatty arbuckle. As he has to have an inside seat we can assume that he can't see out of the window so its perfectly acceptable that he didn't see the crash.

The fact he forgot about it after complaining all Saturday night about it does rather imply that he consumed one or two too many during the flight.
    I think the fact he was posting tulipe on here at 8am from home about not being packed, and was fully upgraded to business before 11am means he didn't actually catch the flight at all. If you lie all the time, like MF, you tend to trip yourself up, which he's done here.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    You forget that MF's nickname is fatty arbuckle. As he has to have an inside seat we can assume that he can't see out of the window so its perfectly acceptable that he didn't see the crash.

The fact he forgot about it after complaining all Saturday night about it does rather imply that he consumed one or two too many during the flight.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    I love the name of the pilot: Lee Kang-kook

Kind of gives you an idea for what job he'll be doing after he ceases being a pilot

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Eeek, Must come up with an excuse. Erm, ah, she must have come in on the opposite side or different runway. Couldn't see it at all.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Feck me I'm slow sometimes.

I've been wondering why there are dozens of people milling around with massive cameras and film crews. All Asian I just assumed that they were filming some internal film. Just walked past and got into the back of a South Korean news broadcast :-)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Friend of mine arrived at SF about thirty minutes ago; he saw it. Said it was "a little unnerving"
    Must have come in on the opposite side or different runway. Couldn't see it at all.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No need to worry Cukkers I have arrived.

Didn't see the plane.
    Friend of mine arrived at SF about thirty minutes ago; he saw it. Said it was "a little unnerving"

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    No need to worry Cukkers I have arrived.

Didn't see the plane.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Some thoughts, based on the limited information available so far, from "armchair air crash investigator" Moma Vujisic. He doesn't think the icing problem BA had is likely to be involved, as that was a problem with Rolls Royce engines, which this plane didn't have.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 7 July 2013, 22:32. Reason: Punctuation fail :-(

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I don't see any escape chutes although it says passengers were using them in the article. Must be other side I guess
    Any coverage from mainstream outlets is notoriously unreliable and ill-informed. Not much point using the slides if it was already on the deck. Depends how old the pic is, but the slides might have been removed.

S Korea has a chequered safety record to say the least. OTH it might be a recurrence of the fuel issue BA had with 777 at Thiefrow.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Well no delays as far as I can see. Suppose I'd better pack and head off then.
    Yep, bye.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X