• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Guinea Pigs

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Guinea Pigs"

Collapse

• Uncle Albert
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by proggy View Post
    Yet we wouldn't eat eek or simonmac and they're borderline vegetables? Possibly because they smell so bad? Funny old world.
    Or possibly because you are not allowed to. If I was one of those rugby players on that flight into the mountain, I'd have had no quarms eating another person to stay alive. that's why I always pack a camping stove with me when I fly - it has to be cooked...I'm not a savage you know!

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Pigs are seen as being quite intelligent and we eat plenty of them.
    Yet we wouldn't eat eek or simonmac and they're borderline vegetables? Possibly because they smell so bad? Funny old world.
    Last edited by proggy; 11 June 2013, 12:48.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    If you any meat then surely there is no difference in eating Guinea Pig as long as it tastes OK. Why should some species be protected over others? The philosophical question is where to do you draw the line, i.e. Monkeys, Dolphins, Cretins, Humans? Is is based on our perceived idea of how intelligent the species is?
    Pigs are seen as being quite intelligent and we eat plenty of them. I think much has to do with their taste. If they taste nice like lambs, porks and beefs do then eat 'em. If they don't, like cheese then leave them alone. That's my motto. If they have no fur like fish then I don't eat many of them - unless they live in a tin and are called red Salmon. So if its furry, pull the fur off and take out the gloopy insidy bits and roast it. A few spuds and veg and some animal juice sauce ovver the top. Lovely!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Yeah some evil sod has stopped it! However how's yer latin?
    How's your literature?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Too much cock and arse in them
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Proggy burger anyone?
    Too much Donkey in them

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If you any meat then surely there is no difference in eating Guinea Pig as long as it tastes OK. Why should some species be protected over others? The philosophical question is where to do you draw the line, i.e. Monkeys, Dolphins, Cretins, Humans? Is is based on our perceived idea of how intelligent the species is?
    Proggy burger anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Yes. Be very careful.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Organic Cumbrian Alpaca: Alpaca Meat 500g

They don't do Guinea Pigs though.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Blow torches are easier. But be humane, kill the blighter first please.
    If you freeze it first can you just not use a potato peeler?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Doesn't it need a shave at some stage, or the fur will soak up the marinade.
    Blow torches are easier. But be humane, kill the blighter first please.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Simples. Marinade it and shove a skewer through it.
    Doesn't it need a shave at some stage, or the fur will soak up the marinade.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    How do you make the mental leap from cute pet to delicious meal?
    Simples. Marinade it and shove a skewer through it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X