• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: PoundCafe

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PoundCafe"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    How out of touch with the general population are you? Many people would consider £100/day good money.
    If that is what she made after all her overheads and taxes then go for it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So she served 300 customers and could have made only 300 pounds in one day. Good luck to her with that one... she is gonna need it.
    How out of touch with the general population are you? Many people would consider £100/day good money.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So she served 300 customers and could have made only 300 pounds in one day. Good luck to her with that one... she is gonna need it.
    She took at least £300, some of them probably spent more than a pound.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I bet they pay hardly any Corporation Tax on that £1 sale.
    a higher percentage than B'Liar.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Actually I used to love baked bean and Worcester sauce toasted sandwiches when I had a breville thing back in my student days.
    Used to??

That's still a favourite in the Cojak household, with a little grated cheese on top.

Mmmmm....

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I bet they pay hardly any Corporation Tax on that £1 sale.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Bread isn't one of the items they can choose from. One imagines this costs extra.
    And they're not charging for cutlery either.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You never had a baked bean sandwich?
    Actually I used to love baked bean and Worcester sauce toasted sandwiches when I had a breville thing back in my student days.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Bread isn't one of the items they can choose from. One imagines this costs extra.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Can you imagine them sitting there stuffing baked beans in their faces with their bare hands?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Good idea, just make it like RyanAir - £1 for meal but forks and knifes are extra
    Can you imagine them sitting there stuffing baked beans in their faces with their bare hands?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Good idea, just make it like RyanAir - £1 for meal but forks and knifes are extra

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sit-down cafe in Kirkby, Merseyside, is the first in Britain to offer a £1 fry-up
    Truly, new depths of abyssmal reporting. The simple existance of inflation makes this a bald-faced lie.

Even apart from that, supermarkets have often done this kind of thing - certainly within the last 5-10 years.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    started a topic PoundCafe

PoundCafe

I know times are tight - but would you trust a place serving a meal for £1 ?

Forget Poundland... now there's Poundcafe! Hundreds of customers flood new eatery in one of Britain's most deprived areas to get a fry-up for just £1 | Mail Online

Working...
X