• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Happy Tuesday

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Happy Tuesday"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    No - taking Friday off is not the thing...Take wednesday off and the working week is split into 2 bite sized workable chunks. When I went to school in Holland we used to have each Wednesday afternoon off. That meant Wednesday was a day to look forward and not just something that let you know you were half way there
    Some people do that as well, normally find the trains are busier on Tuesdays and Thursdays and a lot of the time you can't get hold of people on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Upgraded to business class for free!
    Because you're too fat for economy seats?

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Fook! There goes the property values!!
    As if the place needs another slackjawed hornery yokel....................
    Like I'd consider moving anywhere where you'd live fat boy. South Hams for us, not the depths of swilly

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    No - taking Friday off is not the thing...Take wednesday off and the working week is split into 2 bite sized workable chunks. When I went to school in Holland we used to have each Wednesday afternoon off. That meant Wednesday was a day to look forward and not just something that let you know you were half way there
    Yep, I'm doing 4 days a week atm. Wednesday has become my day off of choice.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Upgraded to business class for free! Meh. Do not want to be on a plane. Back June
    Betwetter, MTFU!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Upgraded to business class for free! Meh. Do not want to be on a plane. Back June

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    A lot of people do that in cloggers, some people have a 36 hour week ( depending on which industry you work in), so do 4 9 hour days and have Friday off.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Completely. Cashing in, and buying a small holding in Devon.
    Fook! There goes the property values!!
    As if the place needs another slackjawed hornery yokel....................

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I think Tuesday is the worst day of the week. At least on Monday you have the excuse of settling in back after the weekend and speaking to people about your weekend. Tuesday, that has all gone and you are still a long way from the weekend. To change this I would like to alter the working week so that instead of doing 5 8 hour days we all do 4 10 hour days, making each Wednesday a mini mid week 'week end' So you'd do 2 days, have a day off, do 2 days have 2 days off. This would have the added advantage of making Tuesday into a mini Friday - making a rubbish day into quite a good one! This would alsoy help the pub industry as it would give a mid week peak in people going out.
    A lot of people do that in cloggers, some people have a 36 hour week ( depending on which industry you work in), so do 4 9 hour days and have Friday off.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    De-cluttering your life OH?
    Completely. Cashing in, and buying a small holding in Devon.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I think Tuesday is the worst day of the week. At least on Monday you have the excuse of settling in back after the weekend and speaking to people about your weekend. Tuesday, that has all gone and you are still a long way from the weekend. To change this I would like to alter the working week so that instead of doing 5 8 hour days we all do 4 10 hour days, making each Wednesday a mini mid week 'week end' So you'd do 2 days, have a day off, do 2 days have 2 days off. This would have the added advantage of making Tuesday into a mini Friday - making a rubbish day into quite a good one! This would alsoy help the pub industry as it would give a mid week peak in people going out.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    House in Reigate sold, tenants out, house going on the market in Somerset, motorhome sold. Happy days. May even pop a bottle open at lunch...
    De-cluttering your life OH?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    House in Reigate sold, tenants out, house going on the market in Somerset, motorhome sold. Happy days. May even pop a bottle open at lunch...then need to lie down for the rest of the afternoon!
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    House in Reigate sold, tenants out, house going on the market in Somerset, motorhome sold. Happy days. May even pop a bottle open at lunch...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Miserable Tuesday. Back to the US again. This could be the straw.
    feint with the left, follow through with the right.

seriously good luck, but remember its only money. You don't want to end up depressed in your council bedsit with the dreams of being a Gigolo in tatters like some others.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X