• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Tuesday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    De-cluttering your life OH?
    Completely. Cashing in, and buying a small holding in Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      I think Tuesday is the worst day of the week. At least on Monday you have the excuse of settling in back after the weekend and speaking to people about your weekend. Tuesday, that has all gone and you are still a long way from the weekend. To change this I would like to alter the working week so that instead of doing 5 8 hour days we all do 4 10 hour days, making each Wednesday a mini mid week 'week end' So you'd do 2 days, have a day off, do 2 days have 2 days off. This would have the added advantage of making Tuesday into a mini Friday - making a rubbish day into quite a good one! This would alsoy help the pub industry as it would give a mid week peak in people going out.
      A lot of people do that in cloggers, some people have a 36 hour week ( depending on which industry you work in), so do 4 9 hour days and have Friday off.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Completely. Cashing in, and buying a small holding in Devon.
        Fook! There goes the property values!!
        As if the place needs another slackjawed hornery yokel....................
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          A lot of people do that in cloggers, some people have a 36 hour week ( depending on which industry you work in), so do 4 9 hour days and have Friday off.
          No - taking Friday off is not the thing...Take wednesday off and the working week is split into 2 bite sized workable chunks. When I went to school in Holland we used to have each Wednesday afternoon off. That meant Wednesday was a day to look forward and not just something that let you know you were half way there
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Upgraded to business class for free! Meh. Do not want to be on a plane. Back June
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Upgraded to business class for free! Meh. Do not want to be on a plane. Back June
              Betwetter, MTFU!

Comment

No - taking Friday off is not the thing...Take wednesday off and the working week is split into 2 bite sized workable chunks. When I went to school in Holland we used to have each Wednesday afternoon off. That meant Wednesday was a day to look forward and not just something that let you know you were half way there
                Yep, I'm doing 4 days a week atm. Wednesday has become my day off of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Fook! There goes the property values!!
                  As if the place needs another slackjawed hornery yokel....................
                  Like I'd consider moving anywhere where you'd live fat boy. South Hams for us, not the depths of swilly

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Upgraded to business class for free!
                    Because you're too fat for economy seats?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Some people do that as well, normally find the trains are busier on Tuesdays and Thursdays and a lot of the time you can't get hold of people on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X