• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LinkedIn endorsements..."

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Here is a new one, I have just been endorsed for skills that weren't even on my profile

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Someone endorsed me for my recruiting skills
    Well you are still here so you must be doing something to pay the bills

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Someone endorsed me for my recruiting skills

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Remember skills are more than just clicking server buttons...

Who cares if the endorsements work or not as long as your profile gets up the top of the stats so that agents see you?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Bigggest load of bollax ever on LinkedIn the endorsements idea. Refuse to get involved with it for reasons already mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Outmoded maybe, but also out there.

Been programming Basic commercially for 26 years!!

Even Excel 2013 still has VBA built in.

Be here for a while longer yet.
    Fair enough; I was thinking more of doing it to the kind of people who put stuff like Clojure, Go, and MongoDB at the top of their skillsets

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Shhhh! Don't jinx it, I'm about to deliver my first ever application.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Yeah, it takes about that long to get anything decent written in Basic
    Shhhh! Don't jinx it, I'm about to deliver my first ever application.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Yeah, it takes about that long to get anything decent written in Basic

Leave a comment:

• rob s
    replied
    When your squash partner 'endorses' your coding skills on LinkedIn... ? The Register

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've played Endorsement Bingo, where you keep clicking on the panels until all four are recruitment agents. If you're feeling particularly evil you can endorse people for drastically outmoded skills like Visual Basic or, even better, VBScript.
    Outmoded maybe, but also out there.

Even Excel 2013 still has VBA built in.

Be here for a while longer yet.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I've played Endorsement Bingo, where you keep clicking on the panels until all four are recruitment agents. If you're feeling particularly evil you can endorse people for drastically outmoded skills like Visual Basic or, even better, VBScript.
    I'm glad to accept those if offered. The last vbscript call I got was 4 figures (before the full stop) for about a days work.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Talking of outmoded skills, I have sword fighting as one of my skills on there but no one has endorsed me for it yet

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    My accountant endorsed me for 'ITIL' I doubt he even knows what it stands for.

Can you quietly remove useless endorsements?
    If you opt out of the AWR they will stop

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X