• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn endorsements...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I've played Endorsement Bingo, where you keep clicking on the panels until all four are recruitment agents. If you're feeling particularly evil you can endorse people for drastically outmoded skills like Visual Basic or, even better, VBScript.
    Talking of outmoded skills, I have sword fighting as one of my skills on there but no one has endorsed me for it yet
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I've played Endorsement Bingo, where you keep clicking on the panels until all four are recruitment agents. If you're feeling particularly evil you can endorse people for drastically outmoded skills like Visual Basic or, even better, VBScript.
      I'm glad to accept those if offered. The last vbscript call I got was 4 figures (before the full stop) for about a days work.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Outmoded maybe, but also out there.

Been programming Basic commercially for 26 years!!

Even Excel 2013 still has VBA built in.

Be here for a while longer yet.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

When your squash partner 'endorses' your coding skills on LinkedIn... ? The Register

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Yeah, it takes about that long to get anything decent written in Basic

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Yeah, it takes about that long to get anything decent written in Basic
              Shhhh! Don't jinx it, I'm about to deliver my first ever application.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Shhhh! Don't jinx it, I'm about to deliver my first ever application.

Comment

Outmoded maybe, but also out there.

Even Excel 2013 still has VBA built in.

Be here for a while longer yet.
                  Fair enough; I was thinking more of doing it to the kind of people who put stuff like Clojure, Go, and MongoDB at the top of their skillsets

Comment

Bigggest load of bollax ever on LinkedIn the endorsements idea. Refuse to get involved with it for reasons already mentioned.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Remember skills are more than just clicking server buttons...

Who cares if the endorsements work or not as long as your profile gets up the top of the stats so that agents see you?

Comment

Working...
                      X