• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dilemma

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dilemma"

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well that is interesting, I thought everyone would have ripped me another bum hole for suggesting you put coke in a good whisky. Got away with that one.
    I don't like scotch and Coke so it's not really an issue, but I definitely prefer a better bourbon with Coke compared to Jack Daniels.

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well that is interesting, I thought everyone would have ripped me another bum hole for suggesting you put coke in a good whisky. Got away with that one.
    We didn't realise you meant the cola variety

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You're not allowed a glass of wine or a snifter of brandy during the week? Sounds like the missus has you locked down.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I really want a whisk[e]y & ginger but I only have single malt and it seems such a waste.

No doubt you lot only use 18yo single cask with ginger ale specifically blended for that whisky but I would rather buy cheap crap for mixing even if I could afford otherwise.

What to do...
    On a school night as well

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    FGS you are a contractor 18 yr old is only fit for mixing.

if it were 200 yr old Brandy maybe I'd understand it.

Next you will tell me me you use notes less than £50mto light your cigars.

INKSPE

ps any chance of a drop for a poor permie guvernor?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Neat or with the smallest dash of water, savour it.
    Precisely my point... I want a W&G but I don't want to waste my good stuff with mixers.

Luckily I'd forgotten we had some champagne open from dinner in the fridge so that sufficed.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Do whatever takes your fancy. It's your whisky. To hell with those who'd try to dictate what you should do with it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Have it with some coke.

Remember to wipe your nose afterwards though.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Put it in a highball glass, fill it with full fat coke and put a piece of lime and some ice in it. Sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I really want a whisk[e]y & ginger but I only have single malt and it seems such a waste.

No doubt you lot only use 18yo single cask with ginger ale specifically blended for that whisky but I would rather buy cheap crap for mixing even if I could afford otherwise.

What to do...
    Neat or with the smallest dash of water, savour it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Dilemma

Dilemma

What to do...

Working...
X