• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tomorrow...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tomorrow..."

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Taxi to hitchin and train to Cambridge followed by mile walk. And all because I ditched the car in Cambridge on 21st to go boozing.
    Waits for post stating that he can't find the car.
    then a later post about the car being impounded with £1000+ in parking fines.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Up at 5am, 300km drive through thick fog, rain and freezing temperatures, not too much traffic, hardly anyone here, don't know what to do. Would really love going back to bed....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    crawled out this morning at 08:50

love working from home!

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Been WFH since May, billed most of the break. Start new gig on 14th in the smoke. Really not looking forward to it...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Taxi to hitchin and train to Cambridge followed by mile walk. And all because I ditched the car in Cambridge on 21st to go boozing.
    You are working at the Scott Polar Research Institute and I claim my £5

BTW, it's only 0.995 miles from the station...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Very very quiet on the roads today - I kept checking my watch to make sure I had not got up an hour early.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I've been WFH the past few days and it's been great - very quiet so easy billing and I had loads of time with the family. Not in the slightest motivated to come in today but had to anyway.

Told the wife I am ready for retirement... still too young though

I just really enjoy being at home around the kids and vegging out. I think it's a consequence of having been a road warrior consultant in the past and so having missed out on home life a lot back then.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Urrrrgh.
    Seconded. Lots of things going wrong this morning for me to sort out as well.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Urrrrgh.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Been invoicing from home over the break, back on the train up to t'city in half an hour with the cold-carrying commuters...

Don't mind a bit, I like the buzz of London every now and again

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Back to invoicing tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Back to work tomorrow. Not sure I can be bothered.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Bank holiday here tomorrow, so back to work on Thursday, though most of the permies won't make a show until next week.

I'll be glad to get back to normality to be honest, 'cos I am waiting for some hardware to arrive and the holidays have got in the way.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    No day off for me! I'm refreshed and ready to thrust myself back into it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X