• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone know what time the end of the world is?"

Collapse

• ctdctd
    replied
    Are we there yet?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    In 1.1 billion years (1500002012 AD)

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I've just looked round the office at Clientco and... there's hardly anyone still alive in here!

Nearly a hundred desks and only about half a dozen humans left.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Well a bit of a disaster at the butcher's; no stewing steak! End of the world you see, sir!

So I'll make do with some Rosemary and Pork sausages and a rather hefty joint of pork I'll have plenty of crackling and crispy roast potatoes. Got some rather yummy mushrooms too. Yum yum. I think I can cope with this apocalypse thingummy.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    My WH Smith diary only goes up to 6 January 2013.

Are those WH Smiths onto something?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawk View Post
    Because America is the centre of the Universe, does this mean 11:11 was actually PST and not GMT? Or was in the Mayan time zone, is that Mountain time, or central?
    As the Maya never made any prediction of the end of the world, it's difficult to say with any certainty. But the assumption is that their Long Count cycle ended (and the new Long Count began) at the Winter Solstice, and that occurred at 11:12 GMT.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk
    replied
    Because America is the centre of the Universe, does this mean 11:11 was actually PST and not GMT? Or was in the Mayan time zone, is that Mountain time, or central?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I've just heard that John Terry headed it away to safety.

But he's been arrested for shouting "Take that you f***ing asteroid c***!" at it.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I am in Staines, how am I supposed to tell the difference if the world has ended?
    Wander up the River a bit and see if the Flags still flying on the Castle.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Just before quarter past 9 - so you'll have time for your tea first.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Perhaps we should all be grateful to these folks for performing their world-saving rituals. Maybe now they can go back to busking around the town centre and playing El Condor Pasa time and time again.

Where did you get a pic of the CUK xmas bash??

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
    Have I got time for a cup of tea first?
    I think 3 pints and some salted peanuts is what you're after.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Right, I'm off to find out whether the butcher's still there and if he is, I'll buy some sausages and some stewing steak.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Maybe we are the only ones left and we really only exist on this forum

Could this be a version of Hell?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I am in Staines, how am I supposed to tell the difference if the world has ended?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X