• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just discovered our local co-op now has an Amazon Locker"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No, there are plenty of idiots led by the media.
    Originally posted by al_cam, rep comment
    any prick can insult someone on a public forum
    Very true. It doesn't make you not an idiot though.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by al_cam View Post
    And am I the only one boycotting Amazon because they aren't paying CT?
    No, there are plenty of idiots led by the media.

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's a con to pay for delivery as most of the items I order arrive 1-2 days with free supersaver delivery.

In fact when I've paid for next day delivery I often have to ask for a refund as the items arrive 2 or 3 days later.
    WSES

I needed something from Amazon quick, was going to pay but saw their free trial - signed up and it was delivered late. Needless to say I cancelled.

And am I the only one boycotting Amazon because they aren't paying CT?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I found this place Online Shopping Australia - Buy men's & women's clothing, DVDs, toys, perfume and more online - dstore.com . They will accept UK cards and deliver to Aussie addresses. Don't know if they're any good as I only ordered on Sunday.
    nice find. We had to post our stuff over a couple of weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Why is there no Amazon.com.au? Seems like a trick they're missing. Friggin' nightmare trying to get pressies delivered for Oz branch of the family.
    I found this place Online Shopping Australia - Buy men's & women's clothing, DVDs, toys, perfume and more online - dstore.com . They will accept UK cards and deliver to Aussie addresses. Don't know if they're any good as I only ordered on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• teclo
    replied
    Check here ( myByBox - Home ) to see if you have a ByBox in your area. I found it behind the XScape in Milton Keynes and it uses similar containers to the Amazon service but you can route any package to it. It takes an extra day or so to turn up but I'd rather have that than the parcels left sitting at the front door which is what happens here.

It's free for the first month and then after that you can go PAYG after that..

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I have one waiting for me at the sorting office. I walked up yesterday afternoon, but there were 8 people queuing and I decided I couldn't be arsed.

Everything else I buy from Amazon just comes through the letter box. Don't understand why this one (a DVD) needs to be signed for.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    If his situation is anything like mine, then delivery to the home address results in one of the following scenarios:
    • Ask Amazon for a redelivery or refund because the useless ***** of Home Delivery Network (aka Yodel) have stolen it/thrown it under a bus/sold it for drugs.
    ... or sent it back marked "Address does not exist".

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The "Waiting in for a ******* Parcel" Game: http://i.imgur.com/xAvbk.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I don't need anything in that much of a hurry. I can wait 4 days for most things to arrive.
    WHS. I think I can hold out that extra day or two for my copy of Javascript: The Definitive Guide (or similar)

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I don't need anything in that much of a hurry. I can wait 4 days for most things to arrive.

It's a con to pay for delivery as most of the items I order arrive 1-2 days with free supersaver delivery.

In fact when I've paid for next day delivery I often have to ask for a refund as the items arrive 2 or 3 days later.

Oh and I rely on my neighbours to sign for my deliveries but it works both ways.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Yes Amazon seem to be buying them and using them.
    I don't think they'll be buying these though seeing as they belong to one of the worlds largest mail and logistics companies. Maybe the Post Office could try something like that out

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Why is there no Amazon.com.au? Seems like a trick they're missing. Friggin' nightmare trying to get pressies delivered for Oz branch of the family.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Apparently Amazon in the US have been buying up more mega warehouses as part of their plan to offer same-day delivery as standard, at least in major urban areas.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Don't you have anything like this in the UK. 24 hours, works with a TAN, can track your parcels, used for pickups and deliveries...
    Yes Amazon seem to be buying them and using them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X