• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Snow watch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Snow watch"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Finally! The merest sprinkling on the cars when I came out this morning; less than the icing sugar on a Victoria sponge, but definitely snow

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Remains of yesterday's snow still on the ground and refreezing.

#becarefuloutthere

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Snowed overnight, snowing now, everything is white...

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Re: Snow watch

Bit of a light dusting here in north Oxfordshire. I hope that's it as I need my car tomorrow and as I established last time, the tyres I have are comically hopeless in snow.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Yes, cat does have a tendency to shed, which is why it's not the number 1 choice for most furriers.

Otherwise you can get natty mink ones for £450...

Ushanka Hat in Rich Brown Mink at £450 | 100% Premium Quality Mink Fur | Tight fit
    My missus buys vintage fur coats on eBay, she's got half a dozen or so. She wouldn't buy a new one for ethical reasons but sees nothing wrong with a bit of recycling.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    No snow has fallen in Swindon since last winter.

Wot a scorcher!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Luckily it didn't snow overnight but it didn't clear. Motorway was clear (ish) until Siegerland and then the snow blattered down for the next 80km or so. Get near the A1 (Dortmund) and there's **** all snow. Nothing here at work either but apparently its coming...
    Shhhh! don't say things like that.
    Last edited by norrahe; 10 December 2012, 13:54. Reason: forgot the :eek

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Hmm, these looked more like rabbit, or maybe rat

Sounds good, although I hesitate to risk getting a pot of paint tipped over my head by a crazed animal rights loonie.
    Ah, I thought you wanted the real thing.

These are excellent then...

Bailey Hats Vega Leather Trapper Hat

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Yes, cat does have a tendency to shed, which is why it's not the number 1 choice for most furriers.
    Hmm, these looked more like rabbit, or maybe rat

Sounds good, although I hesitate to risk getting a pot of paint tipped over my head by a crazed animal rights loonie.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Nice sunny morning in Surrey, went for nice long walk across the hills ....no sign of snow after the little dusting last week.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Thick flakes falling for the last hour.

Wraps up and heads out.

I am just going outside and may be some time.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Luckily it didn't snow overnight but it didn't clear. Motorway was clear (ish) until Siegerland and then the snow blattered down for the next 80km or so. Get near the A1 (Dortmund) and there's **** all snow. Nothing here at work either but apparently its coming...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Snowing again.

Getting sick of the grey skies.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Was supposed to go to Zurich on Friday but we looked at the heavily falling snow and scrapped the idea.

Saturday morning was awoken by the sound of snow shovels.

Went out for a stroll this afternoon. It wasn't too cold but when it started snowing heavily I caught the bus home.

The bus driver drove gingerly.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Was in Camden market today looking at some fur hats with ear flaps, but the fur seemed to shed too easily for my liking. I wonder where one can buy good quality Russian hats in the UK.

Otherwise you can get natty mink ones for £450...

http://my-mink.com/hats/men-brown-mink-hat

Leave a comment:

Working...
X