• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely chucking it down:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's not even raining here now. As the local rag has deployed its "Snow forecast" headline, I suspect we're in for a balmy Indian summer.

Comment

Heavy snow first thing this morning, about a couple of inches and its just melting nicely so that it will freeze over tonight.

NS Rail are running their "snow service" which means running feck all trains and only the ones that stop everywhere
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Once again, its bloody chucking it down and there's a biting wind with it this time
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Heavy snow first thing this morning, about a couple of inches and its just melting nicely so that it will freeze over tonight.

NS Rail are running their "snow service" which means running feck all trains and only the ones that stop everywhere
            All melted now.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

They reckon we're in for Siberian weather by midweek - Down to -30 in places. Flippin eck!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                They reckon we're in for Siberian weather by midweek - Down to -30 in places. Flippin eck!
                As long as it doesn't snow, I'll be happy.

It can snow all it likes next Friday. I don't want to get stuck in blighty.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

There are people going down my road on skis now

Comment

Was in Camden market today looking at some fur hats with ear flaps, but the fur seemed to shed too easily for my liking. I wonder where one can buy good quality Russian hats in the UK.

Eventually spent £350 on a nice silver necklace with a thick lump of amber the size of a fried egg. Would easily have cost a grand in a flash west end jewellers, so good value long term; but when will I ever learn not to go to places like that with more than £50 in my pocket and the credit cards left at home?!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Was in Camden market today looking at some fur hats with ear flaps, but the fur seemed to shed too easily for my liking. I wonder where one can buy good quality Russian hats in the UK.
                      I've got a couple of good ones, one bought from Gap many years ago and one from a small Christmas market in Hamburg last year. They really do keep your head warm. Stopped snowing now but have about 12-15cm of snow outside and a promise of more overnight!

Comment

Working...
                      X