• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why should my MP worry about retrospective taxation on avoiders?"

Collapse

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You have to question the absolute stupidity of someone that thinks a Hitler smilie is a bit of a jape then preaches about morality.

This was Hitler...

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

It is not a funny thing, not something that can be laughed about.
    So you get all uppity about someone posting hitler smileys because you don't want onlookers seeing it. And then you decide to post a picture of holocaust victims in an open grave.

You really can't make it up.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    They seemed strangely proud of him...
    Thankfully they are way more proud of the sound of music. At least in Salzburg. We toured some of the filming sites.

Persuaded the twins to run down that tunnel of plants. I filmed then - then filmed baby BP having a wee over the plants. Kids eh.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Did you go BP?
    No fooking way! I hate museums anyway.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Did you go BP?

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    When on holiday in Austria the taxi driver suggested we visit the hitler museum in Bavaria - his summer home or something.

I was surprised there was a museum to him. On the other hand should he be forgotten? Particularly with the way Europe is heading now.
    My wife and I honeymooned in Austria. The only thing I am surprised about, is that there weren't any Hitler statues about. They seemed strangely proud of him...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I think you'll struggle to find evidence that I often tell people how to live their lives. I simply speak my opinion, exactly like you do. So I guess you're constantly preaching too.

You seem to have a bit of a bee in your bonnet about Hitler.
    When on holiday in Austria the taxi driver suggested we visit the hitler museum in Bavaria - his summer home or something.

I was surprised there was a museum to him. On the other hand should he be forgotten? Particularly with the way Europe is heading now.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm not the one with a Hitler sig.

I'm not the one preaching constantly about how people should live their life.
    I think you'll struggle to find evidence that I often tell people how to live their lives. I simply speak my opinion, exactly like you do. So I guess you're constantly preaching too.

You seem to have a bit of a bee in your bonnet about Hitler.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied

On. Head. Nail. Hit. The.

Any order you like.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to minestrone again.
    Last edited by Old Hack; 23 November 2012, 09:52.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I don't believe you can reason your way to morality.
    no you reason your way to efficacy.

Law has nothing to do with morality. Society's needs drive law making. The needs may not be obvious and are frequently intertwined with religion or public observance of morality. But in a good society they are based on Society's needs.

That is why taking multiple wives is allowed in a warring society with a high casualty rate or where the law makers wish to spread their genes was permitted - something we see as almost barbaric now.

Marrying your brother's widow (before benefits existed).

Coveting your neighbours wife/ ass is frowned upon.

As is eating Pork (a common cause of illness in early times).

If for instance society discovered a major plague that would wipe out the human race. The only way to avoid it was to be ravished by a corpulent red headed Glaswegian and a shire horse whilst dressed as Goebbels in a public place, smoking a bible and eating a Koran wrapped bacon cheeseburger. I'm pretty sure the law would change quickly, if only to preserve the elite.

Shares in horse stables would also rise.

It's a sad truth.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    If CUK deem it a suitable icon for the site, you should really take it up with them. But merely out of courtesy, rather than because I agree with you (I overcame the urge to post a whole page full of 'em )

I haven't preached about anything, I stated an opinion. A bit like you did above.

Saying a cute nazi smilie is like laughing about the holocaust is like say that using the smilie is the same as posting a hi-res image of a man jerking off. I don't have such a picture though and Robby is banned.

I assume you have never taken part in any jokes about the Jimmy Saville case... and obviously I'll be keeping an eagle eye on your smilie usage.

But as I said - if you're offended by a nazi smilie you have the obvious choices:
    a)block the image... why not if you think it's wrong on the site?
    b)petition admin that it's inappropriate
    c)piss off

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Just for you minny:

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You work from home, some of us have to work for places where multiple little tiny animated Hitlers waving nazi flags looks decidedly dodgy and will impact.

A sense of perspective and context need be applied.

I cannot force you to make the right decision, I only ask and question your decision to place that as your sig.
    If CUK deem it a suitable icon for the site, you should really take it up with them. But merely out of courtesy, rather than because I agree with you (I overcame the urge to post a whole page full of 'em )

You have to question the absolute stupidity of someone that thinks a Hitler smilie is a bit of a jape then preaches about morality.

This was Hitler...

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I haven't preached about anything, I stated an opinion. A bit like you did above.

Saying a cute nazi smilie is like laughing about the holocaust is like say that using the smilie is the same as posting a hi-res image of a man jerking off. I don't have such a picture though and Robby is banned.

I assume you have never taken part in any jokes about the Jimmy Saville case... and obviously I'll be keeping an eagle eye on your smilie usage.

But as I said - if you're offended by a nazi smilie you have the obvious choices:
    a)block the image... why not if you think it's wrong on the site?
    b)petition admin that it's inappropriate
    c)piss off

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    For the best that you removed that image cojak. Should not have posted it. Sorry.

But in my defence I think some people should look at it.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    You so miserable.
    Oh, I forgot to mention - you're banned for 3 days.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

This was Hitler...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/image20i.jpg/

Last edited by cojak; 22 November 2012, 20:45. Reason: Kept the link, removed the image

Leave a comment:

Working...
X