• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Life in the Bench

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Life in the Bench"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    You drive along the M62 and turn left when you reach the M6. I would definitely call that South of Leeds.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Tetley's is now brewed in Wolverhampton at Banks.
    Meh. Northampton/Wolverhampton. It's stretching 'down south' a bit but it's certainly not Leeds, where it ought to be...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Tetley's is now brewed in Wolverhampton at Banks.

If you think that's bad Newkie Brown is now brewed in Tadcaster. And not even at the better of the brewery's there. (yes I know Samuel Smith's pubs aren't always great but their beer is better than John Smith's).

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Tetleys! Carlsberg closed that down years ago... I believe they brew something in Northampton* which masquerades as the same thing. It isn't though.
    Bar stewards!

Something masquerading as Tetleys appeared in my local English/Irish theme pub a few years ago. I knew it didn't travel well, but this was definitely some other brew.

* - i'll admit it might be some other place in the general geographic region of 'down south'.
    Nuff said.

According to some brewery rep, Ind Coope (sp?) was brewed in the Midlands to the same recipe as Tetleys, and they even had the same coiour schemes for logos. One sip was enough to tell you otherwise.
    Last edited by Sysman; 15 November 2012, 19:46.

Leave a comment:

• JaybeeInCUK
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Second week, today I;

1. Got up at 9:30 - late for me normally up at 6:30 weekdays...

2. tulip, shower, no shave, going stubbly, read a book while dumping...

3. Watched Jeremy Kyle - some impressively poor teeth on show this morning

4. Watching some old UK Border Force eps on 'puter to cheer myself up after the Abu Qatada thing.

5. Grilling a full pack of Turkey Rashers for late brekky.

Later I shall;

6. Take the new bendibus (free wifi onboard!) to Leeds City centre to meet an ex-colleague (not benched) and visit the German Market and gorge on Helles and Käserwurst....

7. Retire to sports bar to watch England

8. Bendibus home the worse for wear...

9. Catch up with Corrie!

Perfect, not ready for any work yet....

I'd ask for timestamps for each event, but you tosspot probably don't have to bother with such arcane concepts as time.

After nearly 8 months of grafting with but a week off, I am MUNDO jealous. But I got a flight booked on the 27th, leaving on a jetplane, may not be back in Blighty for 3 months, so f**cking there!!

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Does that pub on the canal at Rodley still do a decent pint of Tetley's?

P.S. How are the treacle mines doing?
    Tetleys! Carlsberg closed that down years ago... I believe they brew something in Northampton* which masquerades as the same thing. It isn't though.

* - i'll admit it might be some other place in the general geographic region of 'down south'.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I need a PM to head this up, must have experience of Stella 4.0, 5.0 and 5.2, Pint 2.01 (not 2.0 or earlier), experience of MS Project for Mac 4.01, and speak fluent English and Serbo-Croat. Also need some testers from Halifax to make sure the system works end-to-end. Doing UAT today, pen testing tomorrow with some strangers from Rodley and volume testing on my brothers stag do next week.
    Does that pub on the canal at Rodley still do a decent pint of Tetley's?

P.S. How are the treacle mines doing?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    boo.....cop out ...I was looking to have some fun with all the benchers in a couple of weeks.

but good luck
    I wanted to get back to Zurich, but that is not happening at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I was due to be on the bench next week, but it looks like The Agents have other plans. Do they get Xmas bonus or something
    boo.....cop out ...I was looking to have some fun with all the benchers in a couple of weeks.

but good luck

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    [QUOTE=stek;1645452]

Yep - 72 Leeds-Bradford-Leeds, it's great!

The bendibuses were brought in instead of the Trams, WorstBus said they'd be cheaper and work better. They don't. We call 'em 'Purple Slugs'....

Think we're still getting the Trolleybus system tho I think...
    London got rid of the bendibuses, cos they were a traffic nightmare, think they sold them to some bus company near Leeds.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Apologies, I was a bit of a tit last night, not even three pints - can't use the spiked excuse cos I saw them all poured! Dodgy sausage?

Had loads more in Brussels last week and managed to post reasonably nicely!
    You soft organ

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Will be joining you in a couple of weeks.....and really looking forward to it.

I was due to be on the bench next week, but it looks like The Agents have other plans. Do they get Xmas bonus or something

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Eaten the turkey rashers and now I am bloated. Might go for pint with all the dolies on the estate
    Why not just take a slab of Special Brew and drink it at the bus stop with them?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Apologies, I was a bit of a tit last night, not even three pints - can't use the spiked excuse cos I saw them all poured! Dodgy sausage?

Had loads more in Brussels last week and managed to post reasonably nicely!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Will be joining you in a couple of weeks.....and really looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X