• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life in the Bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Tetleys! Carlsberg closed that down years ago... I believe they brew something in Northampton* which masquerades as the same thing. It isn't though.
    Bar stewards!

Something masquerading as Tetleys appeared in my local English/Irish theme pub a few years ago. I knew it didn't travel well, but this was definitely some other brew.

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    * - i'll admit it might be some other place in the general geographic region of 'down south'.
    Nuff said.

According to some brewery rep, Ind Coope (sp?) was brewed in the Midlands to the same recipe as Tetleys, and they even had the same coiour schemes for logos. One sip was enough to tell you otherwise.
    Last edited by Sysman; 15 November 2012, 19:46.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Tetley's is now brewed in Wolverhampton at Banks.

If you think that's bad Newkie Brown is now brewed in Tadcaster. And not even at the better of the brewery's there. (yes I know Samuel Smith's pubs aren't always great but their beer is better than John Smith's).
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Tetley's is now brewed in Wolverhampton at Banks.
        Meh. Northampton/Wolverhampton. It's stretching 'down south' a bit but it's certainly not Leeds, where it ought to be...

Comment

You drive along the M62 and turn left when you reach the M6. I would definitely call that South of Leeds.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X