• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HTF does facebook make a loss?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Why didn't you take a tour around the Googleplex?
    Didn't know they did them. We looked at the big donut though.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    That was much before the IPO and then they priced it at 38$ which to at least 70% over priced. I have since then argued that they are way over priced and ripe for a stock crash.
    hahaha Im sure you'll to link us to your change of heart before the IPO.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    I can only point back to the thread where I argued that facebook was a bad investment. It provides nothing of worth.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ok-shares.html

That was much before the IPO and then they priced it at 38$ which to at least 70% over priced. I have since then argued that they are way over priced and ripe for a stock crash.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    I can only point back to the thread where I argued that facebook was a bad investment. It provides nothing of worth.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ok-shares.html

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    But as others have said, I'm not looking for stock buying advice
    Originally posted by Dante View Post
    Some of the investing "advice" on this thread is hilarious. Don't buy Facebook because the founder "doesn't care much for money"? Or "They're the next Friends Reunited"?

How out of touch are these clowns?
    Only a fool would argue that FB is not worth what investors think its worth.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I can make a website, which does exactly what Google does, in 2 days.

Minestrone.
    I think Atw needs to speak to him. He's spent 8 years developing one so far (although Majestic SEO is probably distracting him a bit)

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I mean Google is just a website but they built practically an entire town... I've driven down Google Avenue!
    Why didn't you take a tour around the Googleplex?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    But Facebook royalties LTPC (Limited Tax Paying Company) incorporated in Sunny Tax Haven made a Billion?

its a web site, its not like they have lots of Brick & Mortar costs.

shocked its only $1.26B
    What about those massive data centres they have?

They can't be cheap to run.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Except for vast datacentres. And fancy offices in the most expensive prime locations going.

I mean Google is just a website but they built practically an entire town... I've driven down Google Avenue!

I can make a website, which does exactly what Google does, in 2 days.

Minestrone.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Except for vast datacentres. And fancy offices in the most expensive prime locations going.

Google are making money, they need to get rid of it rather than pay tax, they don't actually need the assets to run the website, the data centres are all heavily subsidised by local tax incentives and cheaper than paying a third party.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    But Facebook royalties LTPC (Limited Tax Paying Company) incorporated in Sunny Tax Haven made a Billion?

shocked its only $1.26B
    Yep, I reckon it's all a tax dodge. Someone somewhere sunny is making billions.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

shocked its only $1.26B

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    They've been spending a lot more on stuff like TV ads & mobile platforms. Also, one assumes doing an IPO is pretty expensive; especially in California the amount of lawyer-time will be astronomical. And of course FB is still growing in terms of staff.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Facebook does not need to make a profit. It is there for another purpose. Just see who is running it

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic HTF does facebook make a loss?

HTF does facebook make a loss?

Facebook has reported a loss of $59m (£37m) despite seeing revenues rise 32% during the third quarter.

The world's most popular online social network revealed that its income rose to $1.26bn, between July and September.

The revenues exceeded expectations, but Facebook's performance remains in the red, following a loss of $157m in the previous quarter.

Beeby linky

Are they just pnissing all the money up the wall on crap like instagram?

Working...
X