• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I want one!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I want one!"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Tokyoflash have some pretty strange unreadable ones

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well I can't deny the Pebble is a better gadget that is for sure. More of the gadget sites standard fare.
    Shut Up and Take My Money - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    It's now out - £540 only one retailer in the UK Panik-Design,Retailer of Danish & Italian Design. Furniture,Kitchen,Bar,Kids,Office,Bathroom,Clocks. Alessi,Flos,Rosendahl,Evasolo,Verpan,Illy.Dutch design. Panik-Design | Panik Design

must resist an xmas pressie to me

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    It looks like one of the many faddy gadgets you see on DealExtreme, I couldn't tell if it's worth $300 or $3.
    But it is has a <name>&<name> logo on it so could add a 0 to that higher figure IMO.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Well personally I stick to my rolex or Panerai 217H depending on situation.

My actual comment was based on the fact that all the gadget sites were merrily posting about the QLOCKTWO W when it appeared yesterday morning. Once the Pepple appeared on kickstarter QLOCKTWO disappeared off the radar.

The QLOCK as a wall clock is a brilliant idea as a wristwatch its simply a variation on all the ones Tokyo whatsit names sells.
    Well I can't deny the Pebble is a better gadget that is for sure. More of the gadget sites standard fare.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It isn't about being behind the times. The links are to conceptual clever gadgety watches with bloody awful design. The one above is incredibly stylish but single functional. There is a huge difference in market. I would expect people buying the OP's watch wouldn't generally buy the pebble.

One day you will get the style and cost over gadget and then you know you have become a proper contractor
    Well personally I stick to my rolex or Panerai 217H depending on situation.

My actual comment was based on the fact that all the gadget sites were merrily posting about the QLOCKTWO W when it appeared yesterday morning. Once the Pepple appeared on kickstarter QLOCKTWO disappeared off the radar.

The QLOCK as a wall clock is a brilliant idea as a wristwatch its simply a variation on all the ones Tokyo whatsit names sells.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    It looks like one of the many faddy gadgets you see on DealExtreme, I couldn't tell if it's worth $300 or $3.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You're slightly behind the times on the watch front.

While this was all the rage yesterday morning today the discussions are focussed on this which will doubtlessly have that QLOCT design as an optional face.
    It isn't about being behind the times. The links are to conceptual clever gadgety watches with bloody awful design. The one above is incredibly stylish but single functional. There is a huge difference in market. I would expect people buying the OP's watch wouldn't generally buy the pebble.

One day you will get the style and cost over gadget and then you know you have become a proper contractor

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You're slightly behind the times on the watch front.

While this was all the rage yesterday morning today the discussions are focussed on this which will doubtlessly have that QLOCT design as an optional face.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I remember when watches with displays first came out in the 70s. One maker wanted to have a chat up line upon pushing a button - but there was no spaces for anything delicate. So they put "LETS F**K" without the *s. I always wondered if anyone ever bought one and if they were successful or not.
    Jackanory doesn't have thing you do they....

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Ooooh I likey

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I remember when watches with displays first came out in the 70s. One maker wanted to have a chat up line upon pushing a button - but there was no spaces for anything delicate. So they put "LETS F**K" without the *s. I always wondered if anyone ever bought one and if they were successful or not.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    quite fancy one of these

My Arduino WordClock

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    That is really cute, I can imagine the missus nagging me for one

Considering no one needs a watch these days, you might as well have one that makes a statement

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Looks like a nice gadget to have, to show to your mates in the pub, or if you can read but not actually tell the time on an analog watch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X