• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Galloways Back

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Galloways Back"

Collapse

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    mods surely russell must be banned for denying war crimes occured against the jews
    Eh? ,I was taking the opposite view, the other poster said his personal research found only 1 million Jews died. What was that rule about asking for people to be banned again?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I missed this thread, did it REALLY end up questioning the holocaust?!

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    What research was that? You watched Schindler's list and counted the extras? Are you a member of the BNP?
    mods surely russell must be banned for denying war crimes occured against the jews

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I heard the story, well not the story, the headline, "The Man Who Broke into Auschwitz" recently, but on cursory further reading of this intriguing headline, it sounds as if it was made up.

Denis Avey 'broke into Auschwitz' to expose Holocaust; but is this account an insult? | Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    It is doubtful if anyone knows the true figures of the Holocaust and I have never debated it with anyone. Whether it was six million or one million it is still a tragedy.

The six million figure was published several times prior to WWII in Jewish and American newspapers and therefore there are historical records of the same. Six million was the figure given by newspapers as the total population of Jews in Eastern and Western Europe and this figure was used to portray six million Jews in danger. As the same figure had been used as far back as 1907, it seems to be somewhat an inaccurate arbitrary figure, it could be greatly estimated or and over estimated.

Post war the same figure was again picked up by the press.
    Agreed, the figures were undoubtably exagerated and also inflated by the inclusion of gypsies and other so called undesirables. They were however in the millions.
    Norman G. Finkelsteins figures are hotly debated and criticised because his figures are based on assumption I.e. Back calculating Survivor rates.
    Whatever the final figure, it is unlikely to be found on this forum, but more likely in the "ITS Bad Arolsen Holocaust Archive" Where after 60 years of being hidden away from the public, the Nazi records about the 17.5 million people - Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mental patients, handicapped, political prisoners and the other so called undesirables they persecuted during the regime's 12 years in power, are now open to public scrutiny.

The figure of course will not include those killed during "Military Operations"

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Is this a Troll or are they giving Broadmore inmates access to the internet now

He seems to have read The Holocaust Industry by Norman G. Finkelstein and taken the book to heart (The limit of his research) Norman G. Finkelsteins conclusions are hotly contested not only by critics today, but by the actual figures displayed in NAZI records (that weren't all destroyed) as well as Court records/statements made at Nuremburg by those involved in these atrocities.

As Mr "T" would say Pity the ....

It is doubtful if anyone knows the true figures of the Holocaust and I have never debated it with anyone. Whether it was six million or one million it is still a tragedy.

The six million figure was published several times prior to WWII in Jewish and American newspapers and therefore there are historical records of the same. Six million was the figure given by newspapers as the total population of Jews in Eastern and Western Europe and this figure was used to portray six million Jews in danger. As the same figure had been used as far back as 1907, it seems to be somewhat an inaccurate arbitrary figure, it could be greatly estimated or and over estimated.

Post war the same figure was again picked up by the press.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally Posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr
    Creative torture techniques, murder, chemical weapons, cold blooded needless killing. No comparison. We are not talking about numbers here - WW2 was a war which mainly involved one side killing the other. Hate to be controversial but I have read The Holocaust Industry by Norman G. Finkelstein. I have no doubt that H***** committed a hollocaust against the Jews and killed a huge number of them, but I believe (according to my own personal research) the number was closer to 1 million than 5 million (5 million would equate to 1/4 of the current population of Jews around the world)
    [It was] immensely exaggerated for financial gain
    Is this a Troll or are they giving Broadmore inmates access to the internet now

He seems to have read The Holocaust Industry by Norman G. Finkelstein and taken the book to heart (The limit of his research) Norman G. Finkelsteins conclusions are hotly contested not only by critics today, but by the actual figures displayed in NAZI records (that weren't all destroyed) as well as Court records/statements made at Nuremburg by those involved in these atrocities.

As Mr "T" would say Pity the ....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Creative torture techniques, murder, chemical weapons, cold blooded needless killing. No comparison. We are not talking about numbers here - WW2 was a war which mainly involved one side killing the other. Hate to be controversial but I have read The Holocaust Industry by Norman G. Finkelstein. I have no doubt that H***** committed a hollocaust against the Jews and killed a huge number of them, but I believe (according to my own personal research) the number was closer to 1 million than 5 million (5 million would equate to 1/4 of the current population of Jews around the world)
    [It was] immensely exaggerated for financial gain.
    Best not repeat that in some European countries, as you could face prosecution.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    No, I don't think you've got your facts right there.

For a start Stalin was responsible for 20 million, a cracking score, which was higher than the entire population of Iraq. Pol Pot 3 million, and H***** 5 million jews alone.
    I think you might have the beginnings of a C4 series there.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I have no doubt that H***** committed a hollocaust against the Jews and killed a huge number of them, but I believe (according to my own personal research) the number was closer to 1 million than 5 million (5 million would equate to 1/4 of the current population of Jews around the world).
    WTF are you talking about? There are records from at least 10 independent sources that well over 1 million Jews died in Auschwitz alone.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I doubt that.

Not even close, he was vile and psychotic but was a rank amateur compared to some of the others.

Whilst many of his victims died in agony the sheer barbarity of deaths were minor compared to others.

Sheer quantities he hardly registers.

Twentieth Century Atlas - Death Tolls

That's the scary thing, he is nearly insignificant on the genocide & slaughter scale yet I suspect all reasonable people would wish him a painful and slow death.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    If the media say 16 aghans got killed by a crazed american soldier I wouldnt then say I have looked into it and actually I think it was 15. Questioning the number of dead is offensive to those involved......and your reply is just the same old standard template reply you are suckers to western media etc etc. My point has nothing to do with politics, religion or an open mind.
    I didn't set out to question this. I was just putting my point across that Saddam is the worst history has seen in terms of killing his own people.... I didn't mean to drag it out this long. Either way now we are here, the point I am making is not just a matter of numbers it is the way the event is abused by the media and those after $$$$. It is used as a justification of killing and murder of Palestinians, Lebanese anybody opposed to the terrorist state (even though they had nothing to do with the hollocaust). In fact it was used as an excuse for the very formation of Israel. Though we are entering a whole new discussion, I made it obvious every innocent killed is a tragedy so this isnt about causing offense. Whether it was 1 million or 100 million it was a tragedy of equal measure.
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 30 March 2012, 17:12.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    How about having an open mind? Amazing how it's offensive to question a historical event yet to continuously insult other religions or people belonging to a religious denomination is just freedom of speech. Nobody else is willing to stand up against this constant barrage of abuse, yet when somebody poses a question they are told they are part of the BNP. Shows you the media is achieving its objectives.... Unfortunately.
    If the media say 16 aghans got killed by a crazed american soldier I wouldnt then say I have looked into it and actually I think it was 15. Questioning the number of dead is offensive to those involved......and your reply is just the same old standard template reply you are suckers to western media etc etc. My point has nothing to do with politics, religion or an open mind.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    How about having an open mind? Amazing how it's offensive to question a historical event yet to continuously insult other religions or peoole belonging to a religious denomination is just freedom of speech. Nobody else is willing to stand up against this constant barrage of abuse, yet when somebody poses a question they are told they are part of the BNP. Shows you the media is achieving its objectives.... Unfortunately.
    Perhaps you could justify your personal research - post links to credible primary sources etc.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Why would you even need to put thoughts like this into a public forum?
    "My own personal research" is laughable.
    Totally offensive to question the number of dead victims in an atrocity. Its not a debate.
    How about having an open mind? Amazing how it's offensive to question a historical event yet to continuously insult other religions or people belonging to a religious denomination is just freedom of speech. Nobody else is willing to stand up against this constant barrage of abuse, yet when somebody poses a question they are told they are part of the BNP. Shows you the media is achieving its objectives.... Unfortunately.
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 30 March 2012, 16:51.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X