• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mass Immigration And How labour Tried To Destroy Britishness"

Collapse

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Also, of course, in the past I would imagine that people by and large WANTED to be part of the host culture and not be down right hostile to it as so many recent and established immigrants from certain parts of the world seem to be.
    Yes, it must be culture, not race. Only one particular culture really seems to hate us though.

I've never heard of a Chinese car bomb or a Vietnamese suicide bomber, or a Polish race riot. I know that my own Irish ancestors (and possibly even distant family) have created enough grief over the years, so I'm not going to be 'holier than thou' on that score.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
    What is 'Britishness' anyway?

London, Bristol, Liverpool, Cardiff (and any other cities with ports) have been a 'soup' of different nationalities since Victorian days and probably long before.

And how do you become 'British', and who do we not let into 'our gang'?. I am second and third generation English born and bred, but if the Irish were black, then I would be black.
    Something that has evolved partly from the influx of peoples of different cultures over the centuries. This has only come about because these people have assimilated into the host culture.

The problem now is the sheer scale of it all. So many people in such a short period of time have no chance of assimilating. It doesn't help having all the lefty twats bending over backwards to encourage them NOT to assimilate either.

Also, of course, in the past I would imagine that people by and large WANTED to be part of the host culture and not be down right hostile to it as so many recent and established immigrants from certain parts of the world seem to be.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Britishness? It's not about race but culture. If differences were only in colour I doubt we'd have much of a problem. Somali sailors in Bristol etc were not a problem due to smallish numbers so there was time to integrate and a pressure to do so. To take in enormous numbers with different views of society over a short period is a different thing and makes no sense. We have plenty of divisions in Britain as it is, why not tackle them, rather than constantly importing more?

To allow in the uneducated from poor and broken societies really is insane, people everywhere are the product of upbringing and the problems they bring in are huge, impacting health, crime and welfare costs and it is reputable sources like the ONS that say so, not The Daily Mail. Again, it is not about race, if you had a time machine and brought back people from the slums of Victorian London you would have the same problems. To insist that people from Somalia and the like will generally be useful citizens is not anti racism, it is inverted racism, ascribing to them miraculous powers to overcome all the traumas of life that the rest of us do not have.

Even with better off countries, different ideas of what is right or wrong and failure to respect our laws are a problem. Take just one example, the impact on our native fish species due to Eastern Europeans. The Daily Mail ran a story on it and got the usual comments, exagerrated, racist scare mongering etc. The reality is that this is such a problem that the taxpayer is funding an initiative by the Angling Trust:

Building Bridges with Migrant Anglers - The Angling Trust

More seriously for those not obsessed with little animals, try checking prison, health and social housing stats on the ONS. Or check CrimeStoppers Most Wanted:

Crimestoppers - Most Wanted
    Last edited by xoggoth; 23 February 2012, 17:20.

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    What is 'Britishness' anyway?

London, Bristol, Liverpool, Cardiff (and any other cities with ports) have been a 'soup' of different nationalities since Victorian days and probably long before.

And how do you become 'British', and who do we not let into 'our gang'?. I am second and third generation English born and bred, but if the Irish were black, then I would be black.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    A lot of these marriages are sham, so there's no reason to let them in. Obviously if you can prove it's real they will. But they do check up. They visit you, and if there's any indication you're not living together, then they're out.
    Which one? BTW if a marriage is deemed legal in the in one EU country it is legal everywhere! So Germany, UK etc.. don't have a choice. You're just not getting it are you?

You're also casting a wide brush there too . Maybe you've been in Germany too long.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Publicly stated by new lie recently that mass immigration was allowed to keep the wages down.

They imported cheap labour & skills to keep wage inflation down. Part of Prudences prattplan.

Racist, decisive and short term effective.

To the Tower with New Lie!

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    HTH BIDI
    Sure you don't mean Joshi?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Können Sie auf Deutsch sprechen?

I think you need to read about Herr Hitler and how he distanced himself from any direct orders, clever bloke. You should read more.

Mein Kampf is just bloated ranting, a bit like his speeches...
    If you had half a brain you'd realise that was sort of my point. But you don't.
    PS I'm will to bet I've read more about this topic than you.

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Well, they let me in!
    But you are well qualified.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Hang on a minute. EU rules over-rule any national immigration rules. In fact EU rules are completely separate category aside from immigration law. I'd say what Germany is doing IS breaking the EU rules.
    A lot of these marriages are sham, so there's no reason to let them in. Obviously if you can prove it's real they will. But they do check up. They visit you, and if there's any indication you're not living together, then they're out.

Lets put it this way, if you go on holiday and pick up a pretty Thai girl in a bar, that probably won't wash with the authorities.

If the UK were to leave the EU I think it would be unlkely that they would make marriages to foreigners illegal. I don't think the recent "mass immigration" is due to other EU nationals bringing foreign spouses in. That's due to the UK's own immigration policies which have nothing to do with the EU.

One of the big differences in the UK is there is no registration or identity cards so it's the number one destination for illegals.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 February 2012, 07:01.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Hang on a minute. EU rules over-rule any national immigration rules. In fact EU rules are completely separate category aside from immigration law. I'd say what Germany is doing IS breaking the EU rules.
    I said that!

Each EU state is supposed to incorporate EU directives into their national law...

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If German citizens cannot bring their non-EU spouses in to the country easily as well then Germany won't fall foul of the ECHR.

Generally as long as you treat your citizens the same as other EU nationals then you won't fall foul of the ECHR.

Oh and some countries are in trouble for ignoring the rulings i.e. France.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If German citizens cannot bring their non-EU spouses in to the country easily as well then Germany won't fall foul of the ECHR.

Generally as long as you treat your citizens the same as other EU nationals then you won't fall foul of the ECHR.

Oh and some countries are in trouble for ignoring the rulings i.e. France.
    And Germany! EU immigration rules allow unmarried partners when importing ones beloved, German national law doesn't. So Germany imposes it's national law on EU citizens, when it's supposed to be the other way round.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It can be found online.
    Here's your homework, little boy, before your mum comes back from turning tricks:

Find it and show me where it mentions mass genocide and total war.
    Should be well within even your spectacularly limited capabilities
    Können Sie auf Deutsch sprechen?

I think you need to read about Herr Hitler and how he distanced himself from any direct orders, clever bloke. You should read more.

Mein Kampf is just bloated ranting, a bit like his speeches...

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    Is 'Bob' offensive anyway? I always thought it was a gentle bit of fun about how Indians in call-centres etc. adopt a telephone pseudonym if their real name is unpronouncable to a Westerner.

All Indians adopt shortened pet names for themselves anyway, and the standard Indian word for the British ('Angrez') it not offensive either.

Bit of PC for the sake of PC?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X