• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mass Immigration And How labour Tried To Destroy Britishness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Immigration And How labour Tried To Destroy Britishness

Very good article in today's DM by Simon Heffer.

It's what I've always believed in that the open door policy was not just a result of incompetence or to a desire to supply demand for cheap labour.

No, it sprang from the left's wish to rub the rights' noses in diversity, as a former Nu Lab policy wonk put it and to add to the ever burgeoning client state; the vast majority of which are labour voters.

Scandalous, utterly scandalous.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    No, it sprang from the left's wish to rub the rights' noses in diversity, as a former Nu Lab policy wonk put it
    Those claims have been around for years. Either they have no substance or nobody gives a sh!t but I was surprised at the time how little was made of the comments other than by papers like the Mail. Perhaps I shouldn't have been.

Comment

I know I should not feed the troll but....

seriously you only just figured that out...

next you will be on here with breaking news that bankers haven't got a clue what they are doing and are about to plunge the economy in depression..

Comment

'Treason' is the word that comes to mind.

The only way to clear this mess is a National ID card. I know most Brits are against, but it works well here in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          Those claims have been around for years. Either they have no substance or nobody gives a sh!t but I was surprised at the time how little was made of the comments other than by papers like the Mail. Perhaps I shouldn't have been.
          If you had the wit or the intelligence to bother to understand the psychology of what Simon Heffer has to say you may be able to make a useful contribution on debates.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Border control really was fecked by our Labour friends. Breathtakingly incompetent.

A 'friend' saw the trends develop at the immigration department.

Comment

Vote UKIP.

http://www.ukip.org/media/policies/UKIPimmigration.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                If you had the wit or the intelligence to bother to understand the psychology of what Simon Heffer has to say you may be able to make a useful contribution on debates.
                I fully agree with what he says in that article.

I was referring to the comments made by Mr. Neather at the time. They were left to fall by the wayside instead of being picked up and subjected to more scrutiny by the media. I have no doubt that what Neather said was true but the issue should have had a wide circulation so people would see it for the scandal it was.

Not that it would have done any good of course.

As for your comment about my not having the wit and intelligence to understand an article in the DM, well...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Britain can only regain control of her immigration and asylum policy by
                  reclaiming control of her borders and her judicial system. This can only be
                  done by repealing the European Communities Act 1972 and leaving the
                  European Union.
                  Erm, seeing as Britain is not in the Schengen Area it maintains control of the borders. Leaving the EU wouldn't change that.

All EU citizens who came to Britain after 1st January 2004 would be
                  treated in the same way as citizens from other countries.
                  Oh, retrospective legislation, tasty.

People found to be living illegally in the UK would be removed to their
                  country of origin.
                  Assuming you know what their 'country of origin' is and that country allows them to return. (plus some apparently irrelevant details about threat to their lives etc)

Permanent Leave to Remain (e.g. those in the process of seeking
                  citizenship or permission to live permanently in the UK) would only be granted
                  to non-citizens on the signing of a legally binding Undertaking of Residence.
                  The Undertaking would remain in force for a minimum of five years before
                  citizenship would be granted and would require the applicant to: obey the law
                  and not to engage in any criminal activities; not to engage in, or propagate,
                  political or religious extremism bla bla bla
                  Yep, this'll scare off the criminals and the religious nutters for sure. Sign a piece of paper!

The existing terms of the 1951 UN Convention on Refugees regarding
                  the application for political asylum must be enforced until such time
                  as Britain withdraws (see item 13. below) from the Convention.
                  Yep, that would make lots of friends around the world.

Applications for asylum in the UK will only be considered at a British
                  port or airport where the applicant has arrived directly from the
                  country from which asylum is sought;
                  All fine and dandy until circumstances in the country of origin change during someone's visit; for example, a nutter like Mugabe starts killing the white folks again and you happen to be a Zimbabwean on holiday in the UK.

withdraw from the European
                  Convention on Human Rights
                  What, that thing that Churchill set up to have just a little bit of influence over some of Europe´s less democratic and peaceful countries?

Cloud cuckoo land.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Border control really was fecked by our Labour friends. Breathtakingly incompetent.

A 'friend' saw the trends develop at the immigration department.
                    Yep, but the law doesn't need changing to sort that out; they need competent management who hire competent staff.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X