• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whereof you cannot speak, thereof you should remain silent."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Example today in Business / Contracts:

And no, TimberWolf, that's not a variant spelling, it's a mistake.
    It's slang, as soon as people start using it to mean something, it does.

Such as cool, bad, sick, wicked... all words used for an entirely different meaning, sometimes the exact opposite, of the 'proper' one.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No, because lots of intelligent people are willing to work hard to try to keep Wikipedia accurate, whereas Urban Dictionary is written by semi-literate retards who think fart jokes are funny. So using Urban Dictionary is more akin to saying "It must be true, it was in the Daily Mail."
    This is true..... but it's infinitely funnier..

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No, because lots of intelligent people are willing to work hard to try to keep Wikipedia accurate, whereas Urban Dictionary is written by semi-literate retards who think fart jokes are funny. So using Urban Dictionary is more akin to saying "It must be true, it was in the Daily Mail."

Urban Dictionary: fitzwank

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Isn't using the Urban Dictionary akin to trying to win an argument by saying "Look I'll prove I'm right as it say's so on Wikipedia"

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Yup NLUK loves getting a Big Kahuna in his mouth
    Is it slang for "foot"?

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    No, I know what huevos rancheros are literally. I mean, in what movie did someone say that, with the colloquial meaning in question?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Huevos Rancheros: The act of shoving your flacid dick and both balls into a womans mouth when she is snoring. Then you scream, "rise and shine bitch."
    The fount of knowledge

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    I've heard somewhere that the big kahuna is one tasty burger.
    Yup NLUK loves getting a Big Kahuna in his mouth

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    I've heard somewhere that the big kahuna is one tasty burger.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Movie source?
    Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I propose we use the word huevos from now on.
    Me gustan huevos rancheros.
    Movie source?

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    You might be interested to know that a Big Kahuna is surfer speak for a big wave.

Cf. Body Surfing from the classic Shango album.

Don't know if anyone has already mentioned this as I only read the OP.
    IMHO you did yourself a favour there.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    You might be interested to know that a Big Kahuna is surfer speak for a big wave.

Cf. Body Surfing from the classic Shango album.

Don't know if anyone has already mentioned this as I only read the OP.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I propose we use the word huevos from now on.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Wikipedia is a far more authorative source imo.
    See enclosed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X