• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Guess the plan B

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Guess the plan B"

Collapse

• adubya
    replied
    Loads of micros have started up in the last 2 years, a mate of mine started one this summer.

Good luck! Hard work for not much reward IMO.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    No company details.
    No address details.
    No way to contact the company, apart from a form.
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    OK then, you can have some samples also. As can all the people who originally agreed to be guinea pigs a while ago. I'll be in touch in Jan to get a delivery address for you all.

#freebeer

Unfortunately the courier service is coming in at £7.37 and I don't think people would be prepared to pay that.
    I'll have some freebies if you insist? Did you already say whereabouts you're located?

My wine club charges £7 for a case of 12 bottles which I guess is 15-20kg. What are you trying to ship exactly, for £7.37?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Bollington, Cheshire
    Fook - I grew up there

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Unfortunately the courier service is coming in at £7.37 and I don't think people would be prepared to pay that.
    A friend of mine uses parcel2go.com and myhermes for their business which sends out a fair few parcels.

Parcel2go seems to have a few options and an Amazon API which you might be able to leverage to calculate shipping costs accurately.

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Maybe have a word from the guys at nakedwine.com - they're only 3 years young and run an excellent service. Basically delivery is £5 or free if you spend over £100. I'm sure they'd happily help out a new start-up, especially as you're not competing.

You maybe able to shift a few units through them too.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    OK then, you can have some samples also. As can all the people who originally agreed to be guinea pigs a while ago. I'll be in touch in Jan to get a delivery address for you all.

#freebeer

Will speak to a mate and see what he uses. Unfortunately postage costs have gone skywards over the past year or so.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Safe yourself the hassle and configure shopify

https://www.shopify.com/signup

as for couriers just use UK Courier Delivery Services - European Parcels - PayPerParcel as wine is accepted by them with a couple of restrictions on packaging and that is as much a marketing opportunity as a problem.

Either way tell me when you launch and I'll try some (even though I think I guessed correctly first).

#freebeer

Last edited by conned tractor; 9 December 2011, 15:10.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Perry who?
    Perry Mason.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    well my local always has 8 real ales on - and they always try to source from small breweries.

I will expose your website to the landlord to see if he is interested!

Good work fella

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Boots used to sell kits quite cheaply, they were very popular with students.
    Until said students tasted the produce.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Maybe there's a plan B for setting up microbreweries for others, as a national network of independent breweries all conforming to a central standard of quality.

Any real man would love his own real ale microbrewery, for a reasonable price.

Is there such a franchise already?
    Boots used to sell kits quite cheaply, they were very popular with students.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What a load of rubbish!

If I had a plan b it would be much better and a lot sexier than that.

And very commercially successful and very very clever too.

And.. and it would be in the Daily Mail.
    such a shame that your only plan b idea occurs when you dream....

<dim's dream> cars... houses... rich, I want to be rich .. </dream>

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Its something I would not be able to set up myself.

Maybe there's a plan B for setting up microbreweries for others, as a national network of independent breweries all conforming to a central standard of quality.

Any real man would love his own real ale microbrewery, for a reasonable price.

Is there such a franchise already?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    What a load of rubbish!

If I had a plan b it would be much better and a lot sexier than that.

And very commercially successful and very very clever too.

And.. and it would be in the Daily Mail.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Well done that man!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X