• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guess the plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What a load of rubbish!

If I had a plan b it would be much better and a lot sexier than that.

And very commercially successful and very very clever too.

And.. and it would be in the Daily Mail.
    such a shame that your only plan b idea occurs when you dream....

<dim's dream> cars... houses... rich, I want to be rich .. </dream>
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      Maybe there's a plan B for setting up microbreweries for others, as a national network of independent breweries all conforming to a central standard of quality.

Any real man would love his own real ale microbrewery, for a reasonable price.

Is there such a franchise already?
      Boots used to sell kits quite cheaply, they were very popular with students.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Boots used to sell kits quite cheaply, they were very popular with students.
        Until said students tasted the produce.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

well my local always has 8 real ales on - and they always try to source from small breweries.

I will expose your website to the landlord to see if he is interested!

Good work fella

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
            Perry who?
            Perry Mason.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Safe yourself the hassle and configure shopify

https://www.shopify.com/signup

as for couriers just use UK Courier Delivery Services - European Parcels - PayPerParcel as wine is accepted by them with a couple of restrictions on packaging and that is as much a marketing opportunity as a problem.

Either way tell me when you launch and I'll try some (even though I think I guessed correctly first).
              OK then, you can have some samples also. As can all the people who originally agreed to be guinea pigs a while ago. I'll be in touch in Jan to get a delivery address for you all.

#freebeer

Unfortunately the courier service is coming in at £7.37 and I don't think people would be prepared to pay that.
              Last edited by conned tractor; 9 December 2011, 15:10.

Comment

OK then, you can have some samples also. As can all the people who originally agreed to be guinea pigs a while ago. I'll be in touch in Jan to get a delivery address for you all.

#freebeer

Unfortunately the courier service is coming in at £7.37 and I don't think people would be prepared to pay that.

Will speak to a mate and see what he uses. Unfortunately postage costs have gone skywards over the past year or so.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Maybe have a word from the guys at nakedwine.com - they're only 3 years young and run an excellent service. Basically delivery is £5 or free if you spend over £100. I'm sure they'd happily help out a new start-up, especially as you're not competing.

You maybe able to shift a few units through them too.
                  Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

A friend of mine uses parcel2go.com and myhermes for their business which sends out a fair few parcels.

Parcel2go seems to have a few options and an Amazon API which you might be able to leverage to calculate shipping costs accurately.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                      Bollington, Cheshire
                      Fook - I grew up there
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X