• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guess the plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAQQer you're just jealous I get a prize.. I won the competition fair and square
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      WTF??
      No company details.
      No address details.
      No way to contact the company, apart from a form.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

There's a prize !!! What do I win
        The opportunity to correct the website
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

now THAT's pissing on his chips... dear god man, he's launched plan b venture, give the guy some credit
          WCS

I imagine the bloke has had to spend a significant amount of time fighting his way through a seemingly endless amount of beaurocratic bulltulip. I opened a cafe just over two years ago and even that was a nightmare of paperwork and regulation. I was (am actually) involved in the distribution of creel caught scottish langoustines and selling them to the public was a nightmare to the point where I now just punt them off via a processor instead. As Chef said, give the guy sonme credit for actually getting to market with it !

Well done dude, and best of luck with it !
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            I cant believe how anti climactic this has been. Some unique product, would boost UK economy, IT contractor has spent years designing it, cant be imported at all, hundreds of hi tech jobs to be created etc etc and it turns out its nothing but a real Ale.

Dont you get kits for a fiver in Wilkinson to do that ?
            There's a long answer for that - but the short answer is. Thanks, having spent several years doing a PhD in my feild of engineering, I find jobs are not available locally, the pay isn't that great, the environment in which I ork is quite stressful and I want to be near my family after years of working away.

Now, you can buy a kit in wilkos if you like but the product will not be the same. I really think you have no appreciation for the work that has gone into this. I can assure it is no overnight thing.

But thanks for the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              No company details.
              No address details.
              Ah, next in the queue of chip pissers......
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

No company details.
                No address details.
                Thanks FAQ - I already knew, and I can assure you it's on the list.

Now try organising an online shopping cart and delivery of beer through a courier. There's some box ticking for you.

Comment

No company details.
                  No address details.
                  There's a phone number and email address.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
                    Thanks FAQ - I already knew, and I can assure you it's on the list.

Now try organising an online shopping cart and delivery of beer through a courier. There's some box ticking for you.
                    Can't help you with courier, but can you not just knock up a quick site using Wordpress and some free plugins which give a shopping cart, manage stock, calculate shipping, and pay via paypal, cheque or bank transfer? (There are more that you pay for which would allow other payment methods)

I wasn't intending to mock / jeer / piss on chips - all credit to you for doing it and the best of luck with it. Apologies if that's how it was construed.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Can't help you with courier, but can you not just knock up a quick site using Wordpress and some free plugins which give a shopping cart, manage stock, calculate shipping, and pay via paypal, cheque or bank transfer? (There are more that you pay for which would allow other payment methods)

I wasn't intending to mock / jeer / piss on chips - all credit to you for doing it and the best of luck with it. Apologies if that's how it was construed.
                      No worries FAQ. We have a contractor doing the web dev and the site you see is something he had to knock up quickly. The new site will be up in Jan.

Comment

Working...
                      X