• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jobserve is f*cked

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jobserve is f*cked"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Not if "who you know" has to work through an outsourced Human Remains Resourcinvg department... madmad

I've had two direct invitations to apply for work fail to reach the hiring manager in the last three weeks...
    WHS.

There's an interesting position coming up shortly that I've been invited to apply for by one of the team members, but we are waiting for it to go through the usual HR hurdles of it being advertised internally (fat chance of finding anyone there, HR) etc etc.

I am not optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Networking.

It's all about who you know these days...
    Not if "who you know" has to work through an outsourced Human Remains Resourcinvg department... madmad

I've had two direct invitations to apply for work fail to reach the hiring manager in the last three weeks...

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    Your Voice

I posted this on their Your Voice page; I would have said more but at the point the window said there were 32 remaining characters to use, I couldn't go any further...
    Your Voice: let your voice be heard

I used to think that Jobserve was the most intuitive job related site on the market. I also recommended this site to everyone looking for work over and above the competition.

No more.

For the last year or two, it has become one of the most bloated, unworkable, widget ridden and time consuming sites to have to negotiate. It has completely lost its focus which is just to find jobs quickly, apply and then be returned an email with the pertinant points with which to follow up contacts.

1. The speed of search has deteriorated to painfully slow speeds.

2. When loading a search via a saved search, one;
    a) logs in under email and password
    b) goes to saved search
    c) saved search comes up, but with the Quick search tab as opposed to Power search (which is afterall presumably what one had to use to create a saved search)
    d) clicking the Search button under Quick search then takes you in a different direction!!

3. Too many distracting mouseovers.

All Intuitiveness has gone.

I would also have mentioned that I couldn't obviously find out how to just search for all types of job in Europe / the world without having to click back and forth between god knows how many windows. I gave up.

Someone somewhere has decided that multiplying the number of clicks to get a job done is The Way Forward.

Hopeless.
    Last edited by simes; 29 May 2012, 10:40.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Networking.

It's all about who you know these days...

Leave a comment:

• TheSurfer
    replied
    What else do you use? Every contract I've had (not counting ones from existing relationships) has been from Jobserve. Never had any luck with any of the other sites.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Who uses Jobseve these days anyway?

JS needs to up their game considerably these days if theyre not to go the way of Netscape/FriendsReunited...

Leave a comment:

• lespowel
    replied
    JobServe is Fixed not f*cked

But now JobServe is better than ever - they listened and then acted - you can now search worldwide from 1 search with the results in 1 window.

Leave a comment:

• petergriffin
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Jobserve is f*cked
    So there is justice in the world!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    good one

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

118 jobs on jobsere !!!

oh dear

Milan.
    The rest of us are on jobserve.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Bob a Job week, innit...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    i did, in no uncertain terms

didn't get a reply

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    well, the brains at jobserve have proper fecked the site up

logon....

before, you could logon on the start page

now, you have to click logon and wait for the logon page to load

that's clever

search

before, you search for .net in europe and you get told the number of .net contracts in europe,
    and the contracts are listed vertically

now, you get search results by country, and you are not told the total number of contracts

and...

when you click on a country a new window opens so you end up with a zillion jobserve windows on
    your desktop

today I logon to jobserve and it says, there are 118 jobs on jobserve

118 jobs on jobsere !!!

well, the clever clogs at jobserve have really fecked the site up

it worked fine for over a decade and now some idiot takes it upon himself to 'improve' things

oh dear

Milan.
    I had problems with my saved search`s I wrote a mail and got a reply and a fix within an hour.

Send him a suggestion

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic Jobserve is f*cked

Jobserve is f*cked

well, the brains at jobserve have proper fecked the site up

logon....

before, you could logon on the start page

now, you have to click logon and wait for the logon page to load

that's clever

search

before, you search for .net in europe and you get told the number of .net contracts in europe,
    and the contracts are listed vertically

now, you get search results by country, and you are not told the total number of contracts

and...

when you click on a country a new window opens so you end up with a zillion jobserve windows on
    your desktop

today I logon to jobserve and it says, there are 118 jobs on jobserve

118 jobs on jobsere !!!

well, the clever clogs at jobserve have really fecked the site up

it worked fine for over a decade and now some idiot takes it upon himself to 'improve' things

oh dear

Milan.

Working...
X