• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Question for cooks

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Question for cooks"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Fish is best kept simple IMO. Raw with a bit of soy sauce for dipping and some wasabi
    What's wasabi?

The UK hadn't heard of it when I last lived there.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Shouldn't we be asking you?

Boiled smoked haddock
    In which case I can heartily recommend Delia's Buttery Kedgeree

Bread and butter pudding
    Yum!

I am a bit peckich, having skipped breakfast as always. But only three hours to go until my free lunch in the clientco canteen.
    I nipped to the kitchen and put the oven on as soon as I saw chef's post.

Beef casserole done last night when I was waiting for a telly programme to start. Just needs warming up. With mash and French beans.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    So, what did you do? how did it go?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Monkfish and scallop kebabs - marinate in lime juice, garlic & ginger before barbecuing.

Chocolate bread and butter pudding with vanilla custard.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Not many BA's here then.

First question who is the meal for? That should clarify what recipes we look for but some of the one seen look gorgeous.

Are we hoping to get a folllow up after dessert in which case light and sophisticated.

Is it the lads for footy? Something to soak up the beer

etc...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Morning all,

I'm looking for ideas for an impressive, delicious Fish based main course recipe for this evening, any favourite recipes you care to share?

And while I'm asking, I'm terrible at deserts which usually revolve around homemade ice cream or choc mousse, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this thread causes hunger.
    Large fresh lobster, boiled and halved, slice of lemon, slice of lime and a little black pepper. Wash down with some Muscadet. No further enhancements necessary.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Sea bass with a chilli and lime glaze, with champ (mashed potato with spring onions) and Fried Cabbage with Bacon
    I'd go with Tuna Fillets instead of the Sea Bass, chargrilled and served with a chilli corander and lime dressing on a warm noodle salad.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Whitebait:
    Buy as many tiny fish as you think you can eat (the tinier the better), dip them in seasoned flour and fry them. You can also chuck in some squid rings for variety.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Whatever floats yer boat.

Though if I saw that on a menu at a resturant it would be a clear indication the chef has mixed ideas and possibly not much of a clue about food.

But hey, I'm a biatch
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Why?

People get too hung up with rules when it comes to cooking, why not colour outside the lines every so often and try something new and this is an excellent combination, which I have tired several times to much approval.
    Whatever floats yer boat.

Though if I saw that on a menu at a resturant it would be a clear indication the chef has mixed ideas and possibly not much of a clue about food.

But hey, I'm a fussy biatch

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    If you're going to do summat with an Asian style glaze then do not serve it with an Irish style mash/accompaniment, best to serve with rice.
    Or you can give the mash an asian tinge with a bit of chilli and coriander.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    If you're going to do summat with an Asian style glaze then do not serve it with an Irish style mash/accompaniment, best to serve with rice.
    Why?

People get too hung up with rules when it comes to cooking, why not colour outside the lines every so often and try something new and this is an excellent combination, which I have tired several times to much approval.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Sea bass with a chilli and lime glaze, with champ (mashed potato with spring onions) and Fried Cabbage with Bacon

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by RSoles View Post
    Ah, now someone mentioned Raspberrries; Cranachan Cranachan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Eton mess!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X