• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for cooks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea bass with a chilli and lime glaze, with champ (mashed potato with spring onions) and Fried Cabbage with Bacon
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Sea bass with a chilli and lime glaze, with champ (mashed potato with spring onions) and Fried Cabbage with Bacon
      If you're going to do summat with an Asian style glaze then do not serve it with an Irish style mash/accompaniment, best to serve with rice.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        If you're going to do summat with an Asian style glaze then do not serve it with an Irish style mash/accompaniment, best to serve with rice.
        Why?

People get too hung up with rules when it comes to cooking, why not colour outside the lines every so often and try something new and this is an excellent combination, which I have tired several times to much approval.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Or you can give the mash an asian tinge with a bit of chilli and coriander.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Why?

People get too hung up with rules when it comes to cooking, why not colour outside the lines every so often and try something new and this is an excellent combination, which I have tired several times to much approval.
            Whatever floats yer boat.

Though if I saw that on a menu at a resturant it would be a clear indication the chef has mixed ideas and possibly not much of a clue about food.

But hey, I'm a fussy biatch
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Whatever floats yer boat.

Though if I saw that on a menu at a resturant it would be a clear indication the chef has mixed ideas and possibly not much of a clue about food.

But hey, I'm a biatch
              FTFY

Comment

Whitebait:
                Buy as many tiny fish as you think you can eat (the tinier the better), dip them in seasoned flour and fry them. You can also chuck in some squid rings for variety.

Comment

I'd go with Tuna Fillets instead of the Sea Bass, chargrilled and served with a chilli corander and lime dressing on a warm noodle salad.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    Morning all,

I'm looking for ideas for an impressive, delicious Fish based main course recipe for this evening, any favourite recipes you care to share?

And while I'm asking, I'm terrible at deserts which usually revolve around homemade ice cream or choc mousse, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this thread causes hunger.
                    Large fresh lobster, boiled and halved, slice of lemon, slice of lime and a little black pepper. Wash down with some Muscadet. No further enhancements necessary.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Not many BA's here then.

First question who is the meal for? That should clarify what recipes we look for but some of the one seen look gorgeous.

Are we hoping to get a folllow up after dessert in which case light and sophisticated.

Is it the lads for footy? Something to soak up the beer

etc...
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X