• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Benched in London!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Benched in London!"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just went to that - very good

Before that I went to the National Army Museum. They have a special exhibition about Commando comics artwork at the moment. Sadly it didn't include any of the Commando stories my dad wrote in the 60s/early 70s, but still highly recommended, as is the rest of the museum
    I still have a box of those somewhere I think. I had loads of them.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Head to the NG - they've got a very nice (free) alterpiece exhibition. Lots of interesting science stuff about how they work out what goes where.
    Just went to that - very good

Before that I went to the National Army Museum. They have a special exhibition about Commando comics artwork at the moment. Sadly it didn't include any of the Commando stories my dad wrote in the 60s/early 70s, but still highly recommended, as is the rest of the museum

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Always wondered what its like being taken up the Mudchute....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    In Stratford. It lacks Lewisham's quaint charm. It appears, in fact, to be a shopping centre.
    But going past the olympic stadium to get there is quite nice. And you would have seen them building the olympic statue you can climb up.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    If you're out east, you could always pop along and see the Thames Barrier in the flesh, nice park there too.
    I got quite a good view of it from the DLR on my trip down to Woolwich, but it would be fun to go and have a proper look next time I go for an adventure down that way

Back at the hotel in Edgware now, thinking about dinner

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Nick - hope you find a lucrative contract in a flash - Good Speed NickFitz

I hope all the Agents on this site will do their bit to help given your stellar contributions to this site The Monday Links in particular - OK Gentlemen ?
    Thanks AJP - although to be honest, I could do with a couple of weeks break

Still, that's mainly because this last project was on such an insane schedule. The majority of gigs would seem like a rest cure after the last few weeks

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    If you're out east, you could always pop along and see the Thames Barrier in the flesh, nice park there too.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Poplar now, heading for Woolwich. Went into a Starbucks for the first time ever at Stratford. Sort of Microsoft coffee-flavoured drink, isn't it.
    Nick - hope you find a lucrative contract in a flash - Good Speed NickFitz

I hope all the Agents on this site will do their bit to help given your stellar contributions to this site The Monday Links in particular - OK Gentlemen ?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Poplar now, heading for Woolwich. Went into a Starbucks for the first time ever at Stratford. Sort of Microsoft coffee-flavoured drink, isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I tried but some gits were nearer the door and beat me to it

I'll go to the terminus and try again

Wonder if Mudchute is as pretty as it sounds?
    Indeed mudchute is. But if you ride/walk to island gardens that is quite nice - you can even walk to greenwich via the WW2 damaged foot tunnel.

Most weekends I take Baby BP on the dlr - with his severe autism he doesn't like a variety of things to do. I go to local BR - train to lewisham - dlr to bank - Northern line to LOndon Bridge anf home via train. He gets upset at the slightest detour.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    In Stratford. It lacks Lewisham's quaint charm. It appears, in fact, to be a shopping centre.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Oh, so I'm not the only one who does that then...
    Doesn't everyone. Its the same reason why children always seat upstairs at the front on a bus. A fake feeling of absolute control.

Just like MF project managing something.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    NF you seem to get through more contracts than MF!
    On the project for eight or so weeks, but the site is for a fashion company promotion so it'll only be up for a few months tops. There's a lot of short-term stuff in the media industry

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    NF you seem to get through more contracts than MF!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lewisham seems nice. Very ethnically diverse. DimPrawn would like it there

At the front now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X