• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Morning All

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Morning All"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    That is a point, why does ze Germans say meal time instead of good afternoon?
    They pretty much use it from about 10am until 3pm. Either side of that it's Moin (before) or Feierabend (after)

They also use it sarcastically to whenever someone turns up late for a meeting.
    - Who says they have no sense of humour

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Mahlzeit!
    That is a point, why does ze Germans say meal time instead of good afternoon?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I'd like to visit Cuba but I know Mrs Pondy would get all starry eyed about Che.

Then I'd have to give her half my ice cream.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Yeah Cuba was great, Varadero was exactly like any other resort in/around the med and I couldn't wait to get away but the rest of Cuba is really interesting and well worth a visit.

I found that mainly French and South Americans visited Cuba, the Brits/Canadians stick mainly to Varadero and Havana imo.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Cuba - a good holiday destination, mainly used by Brits and Canadians. Had a great holiday there.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Afternoon fella. Cuba was good I trust.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post

So has GF Chef manged to open the geocode box yet?
    He replied a while ago that it broke and they ended up engaged anyway, IIRC. I don't have the thread link, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Mahlzeit!
    Mazel tov!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Mahlzeit!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Just thought I'd call in and say hi since it's been a while..

so, what's been going on? I only found out yesterday the yoots of today were busy smashing up several cities in August WTF

no I haven't been off the planet, I've spent the last month in sunny Cuba and before that lazing around Deutschland learning the local lingo..

Chef

So has GF Chef manged to open the geocode box yet?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    35 incidents
    another heathen wasteland

Yep, amazing nobody's been killed yet. Another case this morning where someone was just driving along, heard a bang, his rear windscreen was smashed to bits and there was a hole in the passenger seat. Scary. Police are offering a 10,000 euro reward for the tip that leads them to the scum who's doing it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Somebody in Holland has been shooting at apparently random cars on the motorways; 35 incidents in the last months or so.

35 incidents
    another heathen wasteland

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I heard the yoof in Germany have been setting fire to cars

what a heathen wasteland

Somebody in Holland has been shooting at apparently random cars on the motorways; 35 incidents in the last months or so.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I heard the yoof in Germany have been setting fire to cars

what a heathen wasteland

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    'ello stranger,

Hows life in Deutschland?

Leave a comment:

Working...