• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Six Sigma Blackbelt"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    You can't put experience of being sat in meetings on your cv
    Yes you can. Simply put down "x years in management in a large corporation".

You probably need to throw in a load of buzz words as well.

And litter your CV with references to PowerPoint presentations you have done.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Simple handle turning

It can be, do the job once do it right.

If you build something build it according to the drawings.
    If the drawings are wrong then get a grown up to correct them.
    If you have Kanban follow the procedure.Emptying the bins and not scanning them are not the fault of the IT system.
    If you use forecasting in your MRP then put a flaming forecast in.
    If you build something, book it in.
    If you receive something book it in.
    If you ship something book it out.
    If the system says order something 3 weeks ahead order it.

most manufacturing problems I have seen have been down to the above errors.

Instead they have some muppet who is a brown nose in politics in charge who doesn't do this and wonders why none of his customers buy from him because he never delivers and when he does its wrong. Will they sack him? will they hell?

Kaizan is good in principle, but its simplicity is its strength once you get someone spouting about you have lost.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    What most of these feckwits fail to grasp is that you are supposed to use a methodology and adapt it to your situation. It is not meant to use you.

All these (read: sales of these) methods/systems rely on the fact that people believe that a problem can be solved by simple handle-turning. No thought required.

Death is too good for 'em
    WZS

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    What most of these feckwits fail to grasp is that you are supposed to use a methodology and adapt it to your situation. It is not meant to use you.

All these (read: sales of these) methods/systems rely on the fact that people believe that a problem can be solved by simple handle-turning. No thought required.

Death is too good for 'em

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I once got invited a "Kaizen" event where manufacturing process improvements were to be discussed. About 6 hours into the day I asked the chair person "what is the difference between a Kaizen event and a meeting?". I never did get an answer.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sounds like the sort of bollux sasguru would be studying in his garden shed, in an attempt to secure his first above min wage job.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    FTFY but you could at least get his surname right.
    If you're going to go around correcting people at least get it right. I was talking about the famous Dr Richard Kimble.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    After an hour and a half meeting with me and just as I was about to explain kimballmethodology he said to me 'sorry nothing else is going in now my brain has shut off'

Come to mention it. He did mention Sas. Mmmm?
    FTFY but you could at least get his surname right.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It seems like common sense to me. I'm all for teaching ****wits to think methodically. As long as I don't have to sit through it.
    After an hour and a half meeting with me and just as I was about to explain Kimble methodology he said to me 'sorry nothing else is going in now my brain has shut off'

Come to mention it. He did mention Sas. Mmmm?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I'm all for teaching ****wits to think methodically.
    Far easier said than done, tragically.
    You might as well try explaining the housing market to AtW.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Anyone ever been subjected to Kepner Tregoe?

A whole course, presumably designed for people unencumbered by any innate sense of progressive logic, which attempts to instil an ability to engage your brain whilst problem solving.
    Ought only to be given to insomniacs with allergic reactions to strong sedatives.
    It seems like common sense to me. I'm all for teaching ****wits to think methodically. As long as I don't have to sit through it.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And that's not all of it.

Just wait until they start smacking you with TIMPWOOD
    Anyone ever been subjected to Kepner Tregoe?

A whole course, presumably designed for people unencumbered by any innate sense of progressive logic, which attempts to instil an ability to engage your brain whilst problem solving.
    Ought only to be given to insomniacs with allergic reactions to strong sedatives.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And that's not all of it.

Just wait until they start smacking you with TIMWOOD/TIMPWOOD

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I once got invited a "Kaizen" event where manufacturing process improvements were to be discussed. About 6 hours into the day I asked the chair person "what is the difference between a Kaizen event and a meeting?". I never did get an answer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X