• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK IT Contractor Market"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Forget the naysayers above Tim. If you so need some help then let me know and I can sell you a copy of the greylist. If you are a journo, deffo drop me a line as I also have the Sony Playstation user list for sale as well. Would be a great scoop to say you've recovered it.

Oh. Cash obviously thanks. :-)
    MF

I am not really a contractor, I am only here to try and build up trust with cash rich individuals like yourself as I am a Government Official in West Nigeria and we have found a will that has yet to be claimed....

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Forget the naysayers above Tim. If you so need some help then let me know and I can sell you a copy of the greylist. If you are a journo, deffo drop me a line as I also have the Sony Playstation user list for sale as well. Would be a great scoop to say you've recovered it.

<chokes as coffee goes down the wrong way...>

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    how many IT contractors are working in the UK ?

why do you want to know ?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Quite. WSES.

Had the post not been point 2, I might have helped out with point 1.

But it was so I didn't.

We don't really have much time for lazy wannabe journos...

(if you're just inexperienced in these things though, we forgive you )

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just a few helpful points -

1. Post questions in the right section.

2. Don't post questions that are stupid or impossible to answer
    Quite. WSES.

Had the post not been point 2, I might have helped out with point 1.

But it was so I didn't.

We don't really have much time for lazy wannabe journos...

(if you're just inexperienced in these things though, we forgive you )

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    A quick analysis of greylist shows 113297 active contractors working in the UK at the moment, with 79% British born then Indian at 9%.

Tata show as the highest usage company followed. ContractorUK ranks at 13th in the list of companies offering services. The Greylist has all the data including hourly rates, sectors etc but it's going to cost you.

Hth

MF
    Originally posted by Tim Pereira View Post
    Thank you for helping. A useful answer rather than a list of what are very poor jokes which you would have thought nobody would want to own up to making on a public message board

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I liek ham!!!111

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Thank you for helping. A useful answer rather than a list of what are very poor jokes which you would have thought nobody would want to own up to making on a public message board
    Just a few helpful points -

1. Post questions in the right section.

2. Don't post questions that are stupid or impossible to answer

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Apologies if we offended you.

Please accept this gift by way of an apology.
    Last edited by Clippy; 9 May 2011, 14:36. Reason: Sp

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Do they still do that?
    Yes but not for long

Dozens dead in train crash

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You haven't been around here long have you.

This place lives on lies, damn lies and made up statistics.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Pereira
    replied

A quick analysis of greylist shows 113297 active contractors working in the UK at the moment, with 79% British born then Indian at 9%.

Tata show as the highest usage company followed. ContractorUK ranks at 13th in the list of companies offering services. The Greylist has all the data including hourly rates, sectors etc but it's going to cost you.

Hth

MF

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Hth

MF

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Do they still do that?

I thought this was an old stock photo that I've seen before from decades ago, but that chap in the yellow T-shirt seems to be speaking into his cell phone, and many of the others are quite well dressed in modern clothes.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Does anyone know how many IT Contractors are working in the UK and who the 5 biggest companies are?

Thanks

Tim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X