• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK IT Contractor Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Do they still do that?

I thought this was an old stock photo that I've seen before from decades ago, but that chap in the yellow T-shirt seems to be speaking into his cell phone, and many of the others are quite well dressed in modern clothes.

Comment

A quick analysis of greylist shows 113297 active contractors working in the UK at the moment, with 79% British born then Indian at 9%.

Tata show as the highest usage company followed. ContractorUK ranks at 13th in the list of companies offering services. The Greylist has all the data including hourly rates, sectors etc but it's going to cost you.

Hth

MF
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Thank you for helping. A useful answer rather than a list of what are very poor jokes which you would have thought nobody would want to own up to making on a public message board

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        A quick analysis of greylist shows 113297 active contractors working in the UK at the moment, with 79% British born then Indian at 9%.

Tata show as the highest usage company followed. ContractorUK ranks at 13th in the list of companies offering services. The Greylist has all the data including hourly rates, sectors etc but it's going to cost you.

Hth

MF

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Pereira View Post
          Thank you for helping. A useful answer rather than a list of what are very poor jokes which you would have thought nobody would want to own up to making on a public message board
          You haven't been around here long have you.

This place lives on lies, damn lies and made up statistics.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            Do they still do that?
            Yes but not for long

Dozens dead in train crash
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Apologies if we offended you.

Please accept this gift by way of an apology.
              Last edited by Clippy; 9 May 2011, 14:36. Reason: Sp

Comment

Just a few helpful points -

1. Post questions in the right section.

2. Don't post questions that are stupid or impossible to answer
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I liek ham!!!111
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Hth

MF
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Just a few helpful points -

1. Post questions in the right section.

2. Don't post questions that are stupid or impossible to answer
                      Quite. WSES.

Had the post not been point 2, I might have helped out with point 1.

But it was so I didn't.

We don't really have much time for lazy wannabe journos...

(if you're just inexperienced in these things though, we forgive you )
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X