• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent taking the peepee"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    After a couple of £100'ers your 'little back door' will be little no more.
    Don't worry after a few days everything will return to normal and you'll be able to sit down again.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
    ok well sign me quote/100 times please then sir - but surely for a white list to exist there would be a black list too otherwise it's just a list right?
    There is no need for a black list. The white list is a guest list that grants you instant entry. It is that magic something that ensures agents ring you instantly a suitable contract appears.

Everyone else has to join the queue and hopes the bouncer (agent) firstly notices them and then agrees to talk to them.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Except, for £100, I can take anyone's name off using my little 'back door'.
    After a couple of £100'ers your 'little back door' will be little no more.

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    No, more than 100 quid. I can provide an exact quotation based on individual circumstances.
    ok well sign me quote/100 times please then sir - but surely for a white list to exist there would be a black list too otherwise it's just a list right?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    That's an extra 20%. If you don't like it, take your custom elsewhere, but I doubt you'll find anyone else who will indulge your square and compass routine for the same price (except possibly MP - MP, this is what I meant by the lower end of the market).
    You really are posh if that's your idea of the lower end of the market.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    We've already discussed the whitelist, and yes, I can get names on there, but it takes a little more than 100 quid. It requires quite a few details around areas of expertise etc.
    Your going to have to do better then that mate. The last time I looked your white list was a shade of brown flushing down the loo. A think a better name would be the toilet roll list.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    only 100 quid? well you can sign me up twice then sir!
    No, more than 100 quid. I can provide an exact quotation based on individual circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    We've already discussed the whitelist, and yes, I can get names on there, but it takes a little more than 100 quid. It requires quite a few details around areas of expertise etc.
    only 100 quid? well you can sign me up twice then sir!

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Turns out there is a brown list!? Answers on a postcard to what that one is about?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Are you still flogging that gray list tulip.

You don't need to worry about the black and gray lists. Its the agency white list you need your name on.

On it that £300 a day contract approaches £400 and that £700 bank contract could become the grand a day you believe your worth.

PM for our current introductory discount rate.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    there is no greylist or blacklist it is time consuming and anti-competitive for the agents to all be calling each other and saying oh don't use 'x,y,z' just like I wont immediately phone all my contractor mates whenever i come across a shyster or a bulltulip agent
    It certainly is anti-competitive. It's run out of a Dutch Antilles holding company to bring it outside of Data Protection legislation.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

You don't need to worry about the black and gray lists. Its the agency white list you need your name on.

On it that £300 a day contract approaches £400 and that £700 bank contract could become the grand a day you believe your worth.

Excellent. I've PM'd you. Please send me the details.

About time someone broke OG's monopoly. You two haven't been discussing soap powder though have you?

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    there is no greylist or blacklist it is time consuming and anti-competitive for the agents to all be calling each other and saying oh don't use 'x,y,z' just like I wont immediately phone all my contractor mates whenever i come across a shyster or a bulltulip agent

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    That's an extra 20%. If you don't like it, take your custom elsewhere, but I doubt you'll find anyone else who will indulge your square and compass routine for the same price (except possibly MP - MP, this is what I meant by the lower end of the market).

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    How do you think the argument started between MP and CM?
    You can't just pop into MP's back door of an afternoon and then expect CM to just let you in the front door when you get home.

Not without using some sort of plastic to cover your tracks anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X