• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A question on rates for tier 2 & sponsorship"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    and your companies name is?

I have a friend who might be interested in such an arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Marry someone from the EU not UK. Though you probably have to pay them the amount you are paying the agency in 1 year.
    That's very poor advice. Even if the OP originates from some complete tulip hole, going back there would be better than getting married

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by jimhead View Post
    Thanks for the help.

[redacted]
    I've been in the UK for 4 years on a Work Permit.

Effectively a company sponsors me to be here, and I'm then free to seek contracts. The company pays me PAYE, but funded from the contracts I bring in, obviously.

My company takes a 10% fee from my daily rate, which is currently £550pd. (Then I pay regular tax, NI, etc, under a regular PAYE system.)

Does anyone know of any decent competing services? At 10% of my daily rate, I'm paying this company over £12k p.a. They cover all my visa and legal costs, - which is great, - but this is still a very large amount of money, in my opinion.

I'm also less than 12 months away from getting Indefinite Leave to Remain, - unless the government changes the rules, - so maybe I should just ride this last year out.

It's sad how much I pay. £12k in agency fees. About £30k a year in tax.

- Jim
    Far too slow for that matey! We all use the 'Reply with Quote' button

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Ride it out, become a legal and then sign on to all benefits, have 7 kids and enjoy Jeremy Kyle in style.
    Marry someone from the EU not UK. Though you probably have to pay them the amount you are paying the agency in 1 year.

Shame you didn't do it 3 years ago then you would have saved money.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm also less than 12 months away from getting Indefinite Leave to Remain, - unless the government changes the rules, - so maybe I should just ride this last year out.

- Jim
    If you are real (and not a new sockie) then is it worth rocking the boat to save a few quid for 12 months.

Ride it out, become a legal and then sign on to all benefits, have 7 kids and enjoy Jeremy Kyle in style.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Why would you assume it's not an Aussie, Saffer, Canadian, Yank, Kiwi etc?
    The english is too good for him not to be a Aussie, Saffer or Kiwi.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    English is too good.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    English is too good.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Troll

English is too good.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Troll

English is too good.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I've been in the UK for 4 years on a Work Permit.

Effectively a company sponsors me to be here, and I'm then free to seek contracts. The company pays me PAYE, but funded from the contracts I bring in, obviously.

My company takes a 10% fee from my daily rate, which is currently £550pd. (Then I pay regular tax, NI, etc, under a regular PAYE system.)

Does anyone know of any decent competing services? At 10% of my daily rate, I'm paying this company over £12k p.a. They cover all my visa and legal costs, - which is great, - but this is still a very large amount of money, in my opinion.

It's sad how much I pay. £12k in agency fees. About £30k a year in tax.

- Jim
    If you have been sponsored you should be here working for the company that sponsored you. You are not supposed to be working as a disguised freelancer. Once your work has finished then you should go home -

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    This is illegal, it's called bodyshopping. Forget ILR - when you apply you'll get found out.
    One hopes.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    This is illegal, it's called bodyshopping. Forget ILR - when you apply you'll get found out.

Leave a comment:

• jimhead
    started a topic A question on rates for tier 2 & sponsorship

A question on rates for tier 2 & sponsorship

Thanks for the help.

[redacted]

Working...
X