• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Annoying Phrases

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Annoying Phrases"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yes, I can see why that might grate if your name is "dave".

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    You look fit love, fancy a shag?
    Yes, I can see why that might grate if your name is "dave".

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I hate social grease. I hate small talk. Bin the lot of it.
    You look fit love, fancy a shag?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    "**** off you parasite" annoys me.
    Not so much through the sentiment though, but more the ubiquity, eh DA?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    "**** off you parasite" annoys me.

Leave a comment:

• Normie
    replied
    When the guy I sit next to attempts to descirbe a problem or a solution he will add in a "Do ya see what I'm getting at?" or "Do ya know what I mean?" or "Do ya see where I'm coming from?". I'm going to start counting the occurrences and keep a daily tally (yes, I am _that_ bored currently).

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    In a similar vein, if the line ends in "fire", you can guarantee that "desire" and/or "take me higher" will also turn up shortly afterwards like unwanted relatives at a Party.

English poetry(and song writing) is driven by the lack of good rhymes in the language

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I admit there were times I felt like nipping to the gate guards and borrowing a firearm.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    I've been away from IT departments for a while. Now I'm back, and all the managers are saying "...and all those good things".

E.g. "Pete does C#, ASP.NET, WCF and all those good things".

"we need you to extract the data, cleanse it, match it against Binkie, and all those good things".

Who's responsible? I'm on the brink of saying it myself.
    I used to work with a programme manager who loved "all those good things", it got trotted out every second or third sentence. I admit there were times I felt like nipping to the gate guards and borrowing a firearm.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    "jump the shark" it makes me want to punch them repeatedly
    Never done that. Jumped one or two trouts mind you.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
    What is that actually supposed to mean
    Google is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    People using the word "yeah" or "right" after every sentence, yeah?

Leave a comment:

• JamJarST
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    What is that actually supposed to mean

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JamJarST
    replied
    Worked for a bunch of hill billy septics and their favourite one was "it is what it is" ...... WTF!!!! It doesn't mean anything, you 3rd world bombing, English language destroying, fats food eating, neo nazi scum!!!!!!! ...... and breathe .......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X