• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying Phrases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
    god I'm worried we haven't worked in the same place, fist lesbian 'Gill and now the churchill dog - we had a guy exactly the same, didn't matter what bulltulip you fed him he'd go 'oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah' as if he already knew what your talking about which is quite impressive when you've just made it up on the spot- he deserves to be played with
    I don't think my fist lesbian is the same fist lesbian as your fist lesbian.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Yeah yeah yeah yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

well I hope to god it's not the same 'yeah, yeah, yeah' bloke that I had to work with - whenever he went out of the room we did impressions of the Churchill dog or General Melchett - he came in and caught us once but didn't realise we were taking the piss outta him
        sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

and all those good things

I've been away from IT departments for a while. Now I'm back, and all the managers are saying "...and all those good things".

E.g. "Pete does C#, ASP.NET, WCF and all those good things".

"we need you to extract the data, cleanse it, match it against Binkie, and all those good things".

Who's responsible? I'm on the brink of saying it myself.

Comment

Pompous, officious Yanks who say "I need you to do such and such".

I hope to God we don't start hearing that in the UK, although sooner or later it's inevitable.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I work for septics at the moment. I'm going to make bingo cards.

Be mindful...

...team synergy...

More bollocks than I care to remember right now.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                If a line in a song ends with the word "night", the next line has a 75% chance of being "until the morning light". That's annoying.
                In a similar vein, if the line ends in "fire", you can guarantee that "desire" and/or "take me higher" will also turn up shortly afterwards like unwanted relatives at a Party.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

"I'll take it on board....."

Especially when said by one of one's own kids during a mild telling off.

...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Probably been done but I can't be bothered to read through all the posts on this thread; the Americanism "can I get" in place of "may I have". The answer should always be a firm "no, you can't get it, you don't work here".
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                      When I ask my kids how they are, they invariably say "I'm good". I find that really annoying, because I'm enquiring after their health, not their level of behaviour.

Anyone else find that annoying?
                      What if they are in good health?
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X