• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying Phrases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kids friends are always saying 'Whatever, Minger, Moose' doing the thing with the fingers that look like a W, M then horns.

Guess it is better than pulling a gang sign but still
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Worked for a bunch of hill billy septics and their favourite one was "it is what it is" ...... WTF!!!! It doesn't mean anything, you 3rd world bombing, English language destroying, fats food eating, neo nazi scum!!!!!!! ...... and breathe .......

Comment

"jump the shark" it makes me want to punch them repeatedly
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          What is that actually supposed to mean

Comment

People using the word "yeah" or "right" after every sentence, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
              What is that actually supposed to mean
              Google is your friend.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                Never done that. Jumped one or two trouts mind you.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  I've been away from IT departments for a while. Now I'm back, and all the managers are saying "...and all those good things".

E.g. "Pete does C#, ASP.NET, WCF and all those good things".

"we need you to extract the data, cleanse it, match it against Binkie, and all those good things".

Who's responsible? I'm on the brink of saying it myself.
                  I used to work with a programme manager who loved "all those good things", it got trotted out every second or third sentence. I admit there were times I felt like nipping to the gate guards and borrowing a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    I admit there were times I felt like nipping to the gate guards and borrowing a firearm.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      In a similar vein, if the line ends in "fire", you can guarantee that "desire" and/or "take me higher" will also turn up shortly afterwards like unwanted relatives at a Party.

English poetry(and song writing) is driven by the lack of good rhymes in the language
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X