• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "4 days in and still not PC in sight...."

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Sorry guys, now got too busy to reply, especially to some of the pathetic posts. Chill out guys, why do you take everything so seriously? I am very happy in my current contract, was just wanting to move very quickly - perhaps some of you have very short memories and can't remember the first post?

Been doing plenty of work in the last 24 hours.
    Excellent. 3 days worth of billing. Well played.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Sorry guys, now got too busy to reply, especially to some of the pathetic posts. Chill out guys, why do you take everything so seriously? I am very happy in my current contract, was just wanting to move very quickly - perhaps some of you have very short memories and can't remember the first post?

Been doing plenty of work in the last 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I had a 2 month wait once, so ended up bringing in my own laptop and used my hotmail account for e-mails after 3 weeks.
    Cool, two months!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I got bored reading all the bickering, did I miss the part where he sid why he can't install dev tools on the PC he does have? And copy stuff off someone else's PC so he can get going?

Doesn't seem to be much of a can-do attitude here.
    To be fair many clients have their PC's locked down and it's not possible to install software or tools even if you have access to the source code on the network. In secure environments the CD/DVD drives and USB ports are often disabled.

Yes he's moaned a lot, but some of the "suggestions" on this thread have been absurd.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I got bored reading all the bickering, did I miss the part where he sid why he can't install dev tools on the PC he does have? And copy stuff off someone else's PC so he can get going?

Doesn't seem to be much of a can-do attitude here.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Ah, but NorthWhingerWannabePermie can't do that - haven't you read the thread?
    Sorry, I forgot wannabe permies don't have such thing as initiative

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Nice

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I had a 2 month wait once, so ended up bringing in my own laptop and used my hotmail account for e-mails after 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Longest I have waited for a client Co PC is three weeks. Make a brew, be helpful, invoice, remind every Friday still no PC etc.....

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Longest I have waited for a client Co PC is three weeks. Make a brew, be helpful, invoice, remind every Friday still no PC etc.....

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Run!!!!!!

It's the hamster hulk.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    You wouldn't like her when she's angry
    http://www.thetoyshop.com/media/toys...423236_Sgt.jpg

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    What does she do, bleed on you ?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    See, you've got the hamster angry

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Lord do you ever stop whinging?
    First you were whinging about becoming a contractor.
    Then you were whinging about getting a contract near home
    Then you were whinging about contract extensions
    Then you were whinging about them dropping your rate
    Now you're whinging about having a contract, but not having Effing visio on your machine.

Shut the feck up will you and grow a pair.
    I have only ever had 1 contract where everything I needed was there on day one. Just deal with, stop moaning and look busy so that clientco don't think they've made a mistake in hiring you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X