• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Things going bump in the night."

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yes I am. Just send me £50 to cover administrative costs and your magic wand, worth over $9000, will be in the post.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Usually there are logical explanations. I was terrified as a kid by someone breathing loudly in my room. Turned out to be an owl sitting on the gas fire outlet, they make deep snoring noises apparently.
    Are you harry potter? If so I claim my +5 magic wand of wishes

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Usually there are logical explanations. I was terrified as a kid by someone breathing loudly in my room. Turned out to be an owl sitting on the gas fire outlet, they make deep snoring noises apparently. Once we heard lots of bumps and thumps in the attic. We opened the trap very gingerly and something suddenly moved. Next door's cat. How it got up in the attic we have no idea.

But sometimes there aren't. Our current house used to be full of noises, people walking about, small voices crying, no obvious explanation. On one occasion was sitting with son on the stairs and a young child's voice started babbling out of thin air right in front of us and carried on for half a minute.

Then we had some building work done and it all stopped. You will find that effect mentioned in many psychic texts. You don't need an exorcism, just get an extension or underfloor heating.

PS When did we get pictures back on CUK? Must hurry over to "one a day"

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's creepy. Does she get into bed with it?
    It is creepy. He stares out of her bedroom door. I don't think he'd be very cuddly.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    daughter's lifesize cardboard Ron Weasley
    That's creepy. Does she get into bed with it?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Still alive this morning? Or did the radiator get you with the ol' wine bottle up the arse trick?
    All well thank you. Family home now, so if something's bumping upstairs there's no chance I'm going to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Still alive this morning? Or did the radiator get you with the ol' wine bottle up the arse trick?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I ventured halfway upstairs and shouted (rather squeakily) "anyone there?"...
    Not too squeakily, or the cat may think you're a mouse and attempt to eat you.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I ain't gonna watch that. Really. I am the woman who managed to convince herself her husband was a werewolf after watching American Werewolf in London

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ravt_...eature=related
    Last edited by Paddy; 28 August 2010, 21:58.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Maybe I should bleed the radiators.

gladiators

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

All quiet now. And have empty wine bottle as weapon of choice...
    Good thinking. Not many things frighten radiators, but wine bottles really spook them!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    WZS

They're normally the first to sense anything, if they haven't, your water pipes may be playing up.

All quiet now. And have empty wine bottle as weapon of choice...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    As EO intimated - if the mog isn't scared there is nothing to worry about.
    WZS

They're normally the first to sense anything, if they haven't, your water pipes may be playing up.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    We could have a long wait...
    Wha....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X