• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Babylon 5

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Babylon 5"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    That's the trouble when you set things up early in the story, then for reasons outside you're control, you can't use that set up.

Kosh recorded Talia Winters personality before her alter-ego was revealed. Obviously set up for a reappearance that never happened.

There are quite a few such flaws in B5 - but given the evolution of the show, I think it holds together rather well - there's some awkwardness, but not too much.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Pretty much all (modern) Sci-Fi is dire, especially septic franchised stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    WSS.

I never got B5; it was just plain boring, and the acting and writing were sub Hollyoaks. The only time I got into it at all was when Walter Koenig was in it (and he didn't even have to say "nuclear wessels").
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post

On balance, Voyager is my fave....
    The worst of the lot. Janeaway's voice made me want to puke.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The problem with any series which tries to have a proper story is when you watch the DVDs, you get so SICK of "previously on..." when you only just watched it. I'd love it if that was always one scene you could skip or something.
    With Sapphire and Steel, you get the last few minutes of the previous episode before the opening sequence. On the B5 DVDs there is no "previously", and as soon as the open sequence starts you can skip to the next scene. But "The name of the place is Babylon 5" makes me want to slap someone.

Doctor Stephen Franklin - another B5 character I really don't like. Though Richard Biggs (RIP) was a very decent guy.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I think she batted for both sides so something for the gentlemen too
    That she did

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Don't mind me girls, just pretend I'm not here. Dont worry about the camera
    I think she batted for both sides so something for the gentlemen too

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A bit like a real space station then.
    And also a bit like the premise for a very dull TV series

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I never really liked DS9 - it was like Eastenders-in-Space, with the same old characters all living in a tiny area which they hardly ever leave
    A bit like a real space station then.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Now you are talking. Serious girl crush there. And she was a lezzer too.
    Don't mind me girls, just pretend I'm not here. Dont worry about the camera

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I never really liked DS9 - it was like Eastenders-in-Space, with the same old characters all living in a tiny area which they hardly ever leave, all drinking in the same pub every lunchtime and evening, and all having a constant succession of improbable things happen to them.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The problem many ST fans had with B5 was that they couldn't get their heads around the concept of "story arc". It most definitely was not a series of self-contained episodes. For the most part, the B5 storyline was planned out.
    Well ST and TNG had NO arc at all, but DS9 did have a multi-series story. I do get a bit bored when every show has to fit a whole story neatly in an episode. Even the more original series like Dexter/Breaking Bad stick to this to a fair extent.

The problem with any series which tries to have a proper story is when you watch the DVDs, you get so SICK of "previously on..." when you only just watched it. I'd love it if that was always one scene you could skip or something.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Really? I liked Jadzia.
    It's the girl next door thing. Ezri, Kaylee, Gabrielle from Xena, Lucy from ER....

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Susan Ivanova
    Now you are talking. Serious girl crush there. And she was a lezzer too.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Susan Ivanova

Leave a comment:

Working...
X