• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nice friendly Police at it again"

Collapse

• stillooking
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    It was an Autobiograpy edition Range Rover. This means it was the top-of-the range petrol V8 version. In black that is the sort of car driven by old gangsters.
    There's plenty of those around here....

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Not knowing whether or not the guy in the car you just pulled over has a gun and a grudge can make you a little more on edge for a guess.
    "I don't like Mondays and Tuesdays are even WORSE!!!"

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I don't think plod overreact in the USA - It's just that they're more likely to come across a felon who's armed over there in the land of the free and react accordingly.
    Not knowing whether or not the guy in the car you just pulled over has a gun and a grudge can make you a little more on edge for a guess.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So the USA plod overreact more than the UK plod. What was your point?
    I don't think plod overreact in the USA - It's just that they're more likely to come across a felon who's armed over there in the land of the free and react accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The point is that all is relative and one must be grateful for what they've got.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Try resisting arrest in USA and report back your findings.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Out of uniform you'd be hard pressed to say which were villians and which were Police these days. As much as I hate to agree with SASGURU but society as is the case with its Politicians gets the Police it deserves.
    We've got very friendly police in our neighbourhood, but then again we deserve it...

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Whatever the situation the police don't help themselves sometimes. I mean, wtf is the guy doing jumping on the bonnet to kick the bloody windscreen in. car drives off and that officer is over, possibly to be run over. I bet they dont train that one so what was he thinking???
    Out of uniform you'd be hard pressed to say which were villians and which were Police these days. As much as I hate to agree with SASGURU but society as is the case with its Politicians gets the Police it deserves.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I mean, wtf is the guy doing jumping on the bonnet to kick the bloody windscreen in. car drives off and that officer is over, possibly to be run over. I bet they dont train that one so what was he thinking???

He wasn't. The police, by and large, reflect the society they police and so are usually thick chavs.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Whatever the situation the police don't help themselves sometimes. I mean, wtf is the guy doing jumping on the bonnet to kick the bloody windscreen in. car drives off and that officer is over, possibly to be run over. I bet they dont train that one so what was he thinking???

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Armoured Range Rover FTW

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Windscreens are laminated and virtually impossible to smash. The best you can do is to damage it enough that the driver can't see through it.

Door windows are made of toughened glass and are *very* tough. You need something with some heft and solidity to it to break one. A hammer or a brick. Standard police batons are too light and flexible to do it reliably, hence the number of videos showing officers trying and failing to break a window with their baton and the effort they have to put into it to do it.

If you watch the video it actually took less than 10 seconds to break the drivers door window, the rest of the time was spent getting door open and the keys out of the ignition with the driver refusing to cooperate. The whole thing was over in 40 seconds so I'm not sure where you get 2 minutes of attacking the car from.
    WHS.

My side window sustained a couple of heavy blows from a machette, scratched the glass but didn't go through. Thank f**k!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Breaking a window should take 5s, then they can open the door. Not 2min of attacking the car and jumping on it.
    Windscreens are laminated and virtually impossible to smash. The best you can do is to damage it enough that the driver can't see through it.

Door windows are made of toughened glass and are *very* tough. You need something with some heft and solidity to it to break one. A hammer or a brick. Standard police batons are too light and flexible to do it reliably, hence the number of videos showing officers trying and failing to break a window with their baton and the effort they have to put into it to do it.

If you watch the video it actually took less than 10 seconds to break the drivers door window, the rest of the time was spent getting door open and the keys out of the ignition with the driver refusing to cooperate. The whole thing was over in 40 seconds so I'm not sure where you get 2 minutes of attacking the car from.
    Last edited by DaveB; 9 August 2010, 12:09.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    So anyway, the whole story and not the BBC bleeding heart edited version as it goes is the guy was pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt, copper walks around the vehicle and the 'OAP' decides he's had enough, hits the copper as he drives off. So, that's

(a) Minor offence not wearing a seatbelt

escalates to

(b) Failure to stop

and

(c) Assaulting or obstructing a constable in the exercise of his duty

The 'OAP' then decides to lead the police car on a 15 minute journey through the Welsh countryside ignoring the fact that the lights and sirens are blaring and only stops when he sees the Stinger.

His doors were locked and smashing the window to gain entry is standard procedure, why should he be any different? He still had the engine running and had already driven off once before with no regard to the officer at the side of the road.

Coincidentally, it appears Mr. Whatley is well known to the courts in that area for previous traffic and public order offences. Just because you're old, doesn't mean you can't be a ****. Take AssGuru as an example of that.
    Breaking a window should take 5s, then they can open the door. Not 2min of attacking the car and jumping on it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Not his first time either.

Robert Clive Whatley, 64, of Four Ash Street, Usk, was found guilty of using a motor vehicle without insurance and no MoT, using insulting words and behaviour and failing to give his name and address to a constable when asked.

South Wales Argus, latest news, sport and info from Newport and Gwent, home of the Ryder Cup 2010 - Driver in assault protest is guilty

Leave a comment:

Working...
X