• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "FFS, One Day Off Isn't That Bad"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Goat

Can somebody give me steps to reproduce this one?

If in any doubts about how to deal with all things "Goat", you could do a lot worse than consult a Mason.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    What!? So he's paid god knows how many millions of pounds \ dollars a year, with shares and bonuses no doubt, puts up a tulipe performance in front of a senate committtee, doesnt know when the oil will stop gushing out of thesea floor and he's supposed to be allowed a day off!?

**** that. He should be working 24/7 until the ******* thing is fixed.
    That's right. Every 5 minutes he should phone people up and motivate them to work harder and faster. That'll definitely help.
    I mean he's personally responsible since he built the rig himself, and can personally fix it.

I bet most contractors here would work 20 hour days when they screw up... not.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That one failed. Well sort of, you were editting?!?
    Yep:

Ahah, it only happens when you put the URL in as plain text, so it must be in the URL-detection code. I'll see if it's already in vBulletin's bug tracker, and if not, report it

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goat_(disambiguation)

Goat

Can somebody give me steps to reproduce this one? I can't get it to break like that either with or without the WYSIWYGish editor

Hang on, let me fire up Windows and try it on IE...

Goat (disambiguation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That one failed. Well sort of, you were editting?!?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Goat test

That worked in Safari 5 and I deliberately used the brackets rather than %28 and %29.

I'm pretty sure that some previous version of Safari caused it to cack on the trailing bracket. I've seen this on another vBulletin forum as well, not just CUK.
    Last edited by Sysman; 21 June 2010, 16:13.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Goat

Can somebody give me steps to reproduce this one? I can't get it to break like that either with or without the WYSIWYGish editor

Hang on, let me fire up Windows and try it on IE...

Ahah, it only happens when you put the URL in as plain text, so it must be in the URL-detection code. I'll see if it's already in vBulletin's bug tracker, and if not, report it
    Last edited by NickFitz; 21 June 2010, 16:09.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I think that's a feature of the board software, it did it to one of my links too.
    I've witnessed this too. When quoting links with punctuation characters (only really seen on Wiki) putting the URL in double quotes gets round this.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Has Obama taken a day off? As president with the oil crisis and troops in Iraq I would expect him to work full time for the entire length of his presidency!
    Yep. Obama was playing golf.

Monday, June 21st 2010, 4:00 AM

Obama, who celebrated a quiet Father's Day at the White House yesterday, spent four hours on the links with Vice President Biden on Saturday.
    Last edited by Sysman; 21 June 2010, 15:52.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I think that's a feature of the board software, it did it to one of my links too.
    Feature! Yes, that would be the word!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I dunno. They are always telling us that oily fish is good for us, yet when somebody gives us some oily fish we complain.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I dunno. They are always telling us that oily fish is good for us, yet when somebody gives us some oily fish we complain.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I went sailing when I worked there, although that was a few years back. Will I still be allowed to go to Disneyland?
    Only the Paris one. And to be on the safe side I'd stay away from the water rides.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    What!? So he's paid god knows how many millions of pounds \ dollars a year, with shares and bonuses no doubt, puts up a tulipe performance in front of a senate committtee, doesnt know when the oil will stop gushing out of thesea floor and he's supposed to be allowed a day off!?

**** that. He should be working 24/7 until the ******* thing is fixed.
    There are other people who work for BP, you know. If Tony Hayward chucks a sickie or goes canoeing then they can carry on making oil while he's away. It's not all about him.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Original link missing a ) perhaps?
    Don't know what the deal is? Links from the URL put not on the paste. (oh well I'm not going to lose sleep).

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    ??
    Original link missing a ) perhaps?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X