• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why the forum is so quiet"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    One thing that does seem good is SEO. If I post a techy question here and do a search the next day for other solutions I usually find my own post at the top.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Does seem quiet the last year or so but can't say I've noticed any technical problems. There's browser zoom and font size options for us old farts.

PS Maybe I haven't noticed changes as I am still viewing 5 year old posts from my browser cache.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You aint never worked with me then!
    I have, and it wasn't even close to working first time. In fact, it was never even close to working at all...

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What Fatso Said!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Move a thread to LR and post counts don't accrue. A number of posters don't like it.

If your statement is true then there would be no reason not to move the Word Association thread would there.
    What Fatso Said!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    That may change soon
    Whoops. I nearly gave the game away. Good save though, I don't think anyone has noticed...

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Move a thread to LR and post counts don't accrue. A number of posters don't like it.
    That may change soon

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Why is a thread being in LR a problem. It's not a bin. It could be just as lively as general.

If your statement is true then there would be no reason not to move the Word Association thread would there.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    If you ... move all threads that could get up a head of speed to LR...
    Why is a thread being in LR a problem. It's not a bin. It could be just as lively as general.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    SY01 threw exception java.lang.learnHowToFrakinCodeMFYouMoron Exception
    Stack trace : function threeMillionLinePoorlyCommentedFunction() threw cantCodeForToffeeException at line 1
    Parameters strMessage = "Automatically generated drivel";

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    12 years of IT has told me nothing works first time.
    If you think it works first time, you need better tests

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It is more usuable now on my android. The Icons at the top fix has helped. Credit.

It makes me wonder how many of the moaners about this are actually IT contractors. 12 years of IT has told me nothing works first time.
    With you, it doesn't work first time. It just doesn't improve afterwards and eventually everyone assumes it's right.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    We used a Neural network to program it's linguistic and posting abilities. Even with all the bandwidth AtW can muster over 1000s of PC's, we've managed to get it's synapses firing at the equivalent of a mentally handicapped 3 year old chimp. Given an infinite amount of time and bandwidth, we are convinced that at some point it will type something resembling a human post.
    We call it the "Churchill post level". It resembles human activity but only just, a Frankenstein brain if you will.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    It's taken us, what? 300 iterations to get the suity bot almost working?

Still talks crap.
    We used a Neural network to program it's linguistic and posting abilities. Even with all the bandwidth AtW can muster over 1000s of PC's, we've managed to get it's synapses firing at the equivalent of a mentally handicapped 3 year old chimp. Given an infinite amount of time and bandwidth, we are convinced that at some point it will type something resembling a human post.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It's taken us, what? 300 iterations to get the suitybot almost working?

Still talks crap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X