• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mens Watch Recommendations"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I use the clock on my iPhone, look at the clock on my PC, or check the clock in the canteen. Even my car has a clock. Don't see the need for one really.
    WHS - have not worn a watch in years....

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    me two. actually, more than a couple of batteries since it takes three at a time every few years

and it was that fossil that recently came back. had to go back to manufactur to be have the lcd fixed after it started to fall away.

i'm not wearing it now though. i got my fathers 1940's swiss chronograph restored a short while ago and i can't resist wearing it - it is a thing of beauty and a priceless memento.
    Did he keep it up his arse?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    WHS

My current Fossil watch I have had for about 10 years and cost me £65, plus a couple of batteries over that time.
    me two. actually, more than a couple of batteries since it takes three at a time every few years

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    my watch went to be repaired at the weekend. since i feel naked without a watch and i'm wearing an "s g startime" that cost me €7.50 in turkey last summer. breitling my arse.
    and it was that fossil that recently came back. had to go back to manufactur to be have the lcd fixed after it started to fall away.

i'm not wearing it now though. i got my fathers 1940's swiss chronograph restored a short while ago and i can't resist wearing it - it is a thing of beauty and a priceless memento.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    More dive time is priceless....
    The price on the ship was expensive compared to the internet, even without tax/duty, etc.

I'll probably rent the BCD, Regulator and Dive computer when we go diving, since we'll end up having to fly to where ever we go diving.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
    Pretty cool, but over-priced, even without tax, etc.
    More dive time is priceless....

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Anyone else see an irony in an iPhone user decrying frippery?
    yes.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Suunto do some very funky dive computers as well.
    Yeah, they had some Suunto Dive Computers for sale on the Cruise Ship we were on. Pretty cool, but over-priced, even without tax, etc.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I never used to, however it started to get annoying to have to pull my phone out and get the time. Plus, I learnt how to scuba dive (PADI Cert) out there and its handy having a watch that works underwater.
    Suunto do some very funky dive computers as well.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Plus, I learnt how to scuba dive (PADI Cert) out there and its handy having a watch that works underwater.
    You'll need one of these soon then...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I wouldn't bother with a Tag in that price range - mine cost c£800 and it still loses fifteen seconds or so a week.

I think you'd be better off with a top of the range Seiko Kinetic for about half your budget. Or, up your budget and look at secondhand Rolexes.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Those rado ones look nice on a slender female wrist on the deck of an expensive yacht. Especially the white ones. Classy but modern.

Personally I don't wear a watch, except for my Suunto pulse meter when I'm cycling. I don't like being governed by the passage of time.
    I never used to, however it started to get annoying to have to pull my phone out and get the time. Plus, I learnt how to scuba dive (PADI Cert) out there and its handy having a watch that works underwater.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Am a fan of the Tag Heuer Kirim range. Very understated but ooze quality. Not the cheapest but I have had mine years and it still looks brand new. Quality is without question and classic looks are timeless. Proper quality watch without the bling that will date.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Those rado ones look nice on a slender female wrist on the deck of an expensive yacht. Especially the white ones. Classy but modern.

Personally I don't wear a watch, except for my Suunto pulse meter when I'm cycling. I don't like being governed by the passage of time.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Just got back from our Honeymoon in the Caribbean. I bought myself the Limited Edition (Black Steel) Breitling Chronomat Blackbird.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Its got to be a Rado (also buy a matching gold chain) if you want the full DimPrawn, Stavros Flatley look. Remember also that your car loudspeakers should be more expensive than your car and the whole car-loudspeakers combi should be more expensive than your house.
    WHS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X