• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I never realized walruses were so flippin' large"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    The largest known bull elephant seal weighed 11,000 lb (5,000 kg) and measured 22.5 ft (6.9 m) in length. This makes the elephant seal the largest member of the order Carnivora.
    Nah, I saw something larger than that with 6" hoop earrings, a "Lonsdale" hoody and a double buggy, getting off a bus in Weymouth, only last week.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Separated at birth?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    You would enjoy the stuffed walrus in the Horniman Museum. Some explorers brought the skin back and gave it to a taxidermist. The taxidermist hadn't seen a walrus before and didn't know they had wrinkles, so he just kept stuffing it until it was full.
    This one....

Big Walrus

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    The natural history museum in Tring is worth a visit, even if it is full of stuffed animals massacred by one or two generations of the Rothschild family.

As you wander into one of the rooms, there in front of you is a display case and on top of it is an elephant seal.

I was utterly gobsmacked. Once I had come to, I decided it was a fake.

You see these things on the telly, and they are clearly the size of a small, legless cow.

But it wasn't. Wikipedia:
    The largest known bull elephant seal weighed 11,000 lb (5,000 kg) and measured 22.5 ft (6.9 m) in length. This makes the elephant seal the largest member of the order Carnivora.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Look at the size of this great big brute.

and I love the way it is holding its own fish bucket.
    Holy Moley. Neither did I. Are you sure thats not just a screenshot from the next World of Warcraft patch?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    You would enjoy the stuffed walrus in the Horniman Museum. Some explorers brought the skin back and gave it to a taxidermist. The taxidermist hadn't seen a walrus before and didn't know they had wrinkles, so he just kept stuffing it until it was full.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I share your pain.

( All explained by one post;Learn Lolspeak — teh furst language born of teh intertubes. )

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Did anyone read the "comments".

Lolrus al teh way
    Who cares abowt siense an stufs; it luks liek a lolrus, so it is totaly a lolrus!!!!!
    WTF? That's not even "text speak"!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    lolrus

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Tolkien wrote the definition of walrus in the Oxford English Dictionary.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    They weigh a couple of tonnes...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

You need to go on a diet mate.

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    started a topic I never realized walruses were so flippin' large

I never realized walruses were so flippin' large

Working...
X