• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: On the bench...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "On the bench..."

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Congrats, mate!!

P.S. "typing pool"?? Is it 1973??

The mention of DHL has me thinking of multipart export documentation.

Congrats and all the best for the leg SP!

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Congrats, mate!!

It's Life on Mars

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Nice one!

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Seems I've been given a new desk next to the "typing pool". Lots of lovely innocent young ladies that need taking advantage off
    And they will love the smell of your rancid leg

Well done anyway

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Contract sorted

Seems I've been given a new desk next to the "typing pool". Lots of lovely innocent young ladies that need taking advantage off
    W00T!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Contract sorted

Well Done that Man!

(Hope everything's on the mend, btw...)

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied

Contract sorted

Congrats, mate!!

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied

Contract sorted

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Client told them

6 months. I left 6 weeks ago.

PSL list for contractors. However client told me they wanted to pay me direct and skip the agy. This client is one of the largest clothing retailers in the uk so has a fair bit of market power - i doubt the agy would try and go against them.

I'll find a way to get round it. I'll be working on and with the 3PL (DHL). Now I've worked with DHL before many times and also worked with the people I'll be working with on contracts for other people (we're all just one big happy family in my industry) so that pretty much slam dunks the restriction clause as it uses the word "introduced" - i already knew them. Worst comes to the worst I'll get the 3pl to pay me and bill the current client as they are on open book

Yeah I'd want to know how it works in this case. Last contract I opted out but I'd already had the interview so was optede in by default until I signed the extension.

Just want to get this cast off my leg, it's going to be so frikking minging after not being washed for 6 weeks it's going to hum
    Well good luck with that side of things, lets hope it works out.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Just want to get this cast off my leg, it's going to be so frikking minging after not being washed for 6 weeks it's going to hum
    I sense a negotiating face-to-face interview with the agency coming up!

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    1. How did the agent find out?
    Client told them

2. Most agency contracts have a timebased handcuff clause. Does it exceed it? Is it something unreasonable like "forever"?
    6 months. I left 6 weeks ago.

3. Does the company accept direct or though one of their PSLs only?
    PSL list for contractors. However client told me they wanted to pay me direct and skip the agy. This client is one of the largest clothing retailers in the uk so has a fair bit of market power - i doubt the agy would try and go against them.

4. If it is violating the handcluff clause, you may be able to negotiate with the client.
    I'll find a way to get round it. I'll be working on and with the 3PL (DHL). Now I've worked with DHL before many times and also worked with the people I'll be working with on contracts for other people (we're all just one big happy family in my industry) so that pretty much slam dunks the restriction clause as it uses the word "introduced" - i already knew them. Worst comes to the worst I'll get the 3pl to pay me and bill the current client as they are on open book

5. Handcuff clauses may vary depending on opt in/opt out regs - I'm sure someone as business aware as Malvolio can expand on various options.
    Yeah I'd want to know how it works in this case. Last contract I opted out but I'd already had the interview so was optede in by default until I signed the extension.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Welcome back SP - sorry to hear of your travails <- manly

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Glad to hear you are on the mend. Reiterating above:

1. How did the agent find out?

2. Most agency contracts have a timebased handcuff clause. Does it exceed it? Is it something unreasonable like "forever"?

3. Does the company accept direct or though one of their PSLs only?

4. If it is violating the handcluff clause, you may be able to negotiate with the client.

5. Handcuff clauses may vary depending on opt in/opt out regs - I'm sure someone as business aware as Malvolio can expand on various options.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Anyway no contract in place yet. Agent told me not to go in without me agreeing to thier contract. Told her there is nothing against me visiting a site I used to work at the visit some friends and that doensn't constatute accepting a contract

Welcome back, you'll find sockpuppets are in vogue here for reasons relating to HMRC and the BN66 issue. So there are no real individuals using this site anymore just sockpuppet bots.

So are you thinking of going direct and if so how did the agent get involved?

Do you have any exclusivity to worry about from your last contract there and is that what the agent is trying to force your hand with?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems Sockpuppet. It is nice to have you back though
    WSS.

PS: Do I get my sponsorship money back

Leave a comment:

Working...
X