• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the bench...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the bench...

Ok so after a car cut my planned trip round Africa short (long story involving a t**t car driver Spanish hospital complete with nurses ambulances and flights back to the UK and surgery to rebuild my leg ) I'm back in the game and on the bench.

Luckily old client hears I'm back they want me back at old rate....agent trying to convince me they want rate minus £90

Should I tell agent that I've agreed to start on Monday with Client Co boss without her he having agreed to my rate

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I'm back in the game and on the bench.
    hmm, strictly I don't think you can be both but I know what you mean! Sorry to hear about the leg.
    Ditch the agent if poss: they're an obstacle at the best of times, and if this one's trying it on with a wounded man you're even more justified.

Comment

Ok so after a car cut my planned trip round Africa short (long story involving a t**t car driver Spanish hospital complete with nurses ambulances and flights back to the UK and surgery to rebuild my leg ) I'm back in the game and on the bench.

Luckily old client hears I'm back they want me back at old rate....agent trying to convince me they want rate minus £90

Should I tell agent that I've agreed to start on Monday with Client Co boss without her he having agreed to my rate
      Sounds like you've had a bit of an adventure ole son
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Sounds like you've had a bit of an adventure ole son
        One of my all time fantasies was to be stripped naked by two hot spanish birds.

Must admit the IV drugs, neck brace and the heart monitor kind of killed the mood

I've decided all the hot nursers work on A&E and in the surgery the ones on the ward were just interested in sticking needles into me.

The Doc who fixed me was very pretty 5ft feck all and I would in a heatbeat. Well I would have done till she told me "this won't be long" then proceded to try and rip (or what felt like) my broken leg off. She's ovbiously into S&M of the most heinous kind.

Anyway no contract in place yet. Agent told me not to go in without me agreeing to thier contract. Told her there is nothing against me visiting a site I used to work at the visit some friends and that doensn't constatute accepting a contract

Comment

We missed on you here!

I wan't aiming at you, honest - I'd not miss

Comment

One of my all time fantasies was to be stripped naked by two hot spanish birds.

Must admit the IV drugs, neck brace and the heart monitor kind of killed the mood

I've decided all the hot nursers work on A&E and in the surgery the ones on the ward were just interested in sticking needles into me.

The Doc who fixed me was very pretty 5ft flip all and I would in a heatbeat. Well I would have done till she told me "this won't be long" then proceded to try and rip (or what felt like) my broken leg off. She's ovbiously into S&M of the most heinous kind.

Anyway no contract in place yet. Agent told me not to go in without me agreeing to thier contract. Told her there is nothing against me visiting a site I used to work at the visit some friends and that doensn't constatute accepting a contract
            <sincerity>
            Broken bones not nice.
            Glad to hear you are on the mend. You are one of the posters I pay any sort of vague attention to. Glad to have you back
            </sincerity>

Phwar, nudge nudge wink wink, say no more say no more

Comment

Sorry to hear Africa went a bit pete tong

Hope you're on the mend and the nurse hallucinations never stop (it's the drugs, maaaaan)

If you're not under any contract there is absolutely nothing stopping you from undercutting the pimp.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Sorry to hear Africa went a bit pete tong

Hope you're on the mend and the nurse hallucinations never stop (it's the drugs, maaaaan)

If you're not under any contract there is absolutely nothing stopping you from undercutting the pimp.
                There goes the lady of well to do image

Chav

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  There goes the lady of well to do image

Chav

HTH
                  Suity dearest, one does like to use a colloquialism from time to time, but one doesn't post drivel whilst under the influence like your good self.

Go back to your "rom com" with your good lady wife, there's a good old chap.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ok so after a car cut my planned trip round Africa short (long story involving a t**t car driver
                    You should have just gone for a drive around Lambeth
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X