• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I forgot my homemade Mince Pie today"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Mincemeat turnover is also great, with lots of hot custard.
    <Googles "mincemeat turnover recipe">

Ahh, that's what you mean
    ... nice addition of walnuts and cinamon tho'.
    Last edited by cojak; 6 January 2010, 17:23.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    That's a thought - I have to use up my last half of mincemeat in the fridge. I might toddle out to get a block of butter to make the season's last batch of mince pies...
    Mincemeat turnover is also great, with lots of hot custard.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    We did our own christmas pud. No suet either. It didn't half absorb the brandy... must have used half a bottle before it would light.
    Top Tip for next year. Pour Vodka over it before igniting. Much cheaper and burns more easily. Save the Brandy for after..........with the cigars etc.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Don't blame you. Mince pies are absolutely the best things in the entire world ever.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Deep filled with Duchee of Cornwall Mince filling.

I enjoy with my 10AM coffee
    That rather spoils your would-be 'tough biker' image

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    No we made the mince pies, christmas pub and christmas cake this year, along with Christmas Dinner and Chistmas eve dinner.

Christmas Pub (No Suet all butter: Family Recipe)
    You have your own Christmas Pub?

Kewl!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    We did our own christmas pud. No suet either. It didn't half absorb the brandy... must have used half a bottle before it would light.

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Chuckled at the episode of Bottom where they don't have and brandy or butter so they make vodka margarine.

I was worried that Mrs BB and my first christmas entertaining would turn into the Royale Family Christmas from last year..

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    That's a thought - I have to use up my last half of mincemeat in the fridge. I might toddle out to get a block of butter to make the season's last batch of mince pies...

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Chuckled at the episode of Bottom where they don't have and brandy or butter so they make vodka margarine.

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    You didn't make the filling? Shocking! How about the brandy butter?
    No we made the mince pies, christmas pub and christmas cake this year, along with Christmas Dinner and Chistmas eve dinner.

Stars were

Ham (Marmalade and Ginger : BBC)
    Christmas Cake (Lots of Brandy : Mary Berry)
    Christmas Pub (No Suet all butter: Family Recipe)
    Terrine (Belly Pork and Pigs Liver with Brandy and Port: Rick Stein)

Overtime at the gym

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    You didn't make the filling? Shocking! How about the brandy butter?

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    started a topic I forgot my homemade Mince Pie today

I forgot my homemade Mince Pie today

Deep filled with Duchee of Cornwall Mince filling.

I enjoy with my 10AM coffee

Working...
X